A open letter from a farrier

AFarrier

Hello readers. I'm Tim Hamilton. This is a letter for all my past customers and friends of those customers. It's also a letter to those that do not know me but know of my reputation as a farrier. I am writing this on these forums because I know a lot of somd horse people read these forums for info and to keep current on local info. I also can't reach and contact everyone individually.Simply put I am sorry for the way I managed and wasted your time with my poor business skills. When I first went to school to learn this profession I told myself I would never become the farrier that does not show up to appointments or answer my darn phone. Well I did become that farrier. I'm very disappointed in myself and disgusted with what my reputation has become. I also understand that I deserve that reputation. With some deep thought and help from a friend I have pulled away from that youthful and arrogant way of managing my business. I would like for people to start to know me as a the farrier I wanted to be 5 years ago and would like to prove that to people who know me for what I was. I am a very patient farrier that puts all my passion for horses into my work. I love the feeling of going out to a farm and doing a job that makes the client, as well as the horse, as happy as I can. I have been a part of the somd community since I was little. With horseshoeing I was so excited to give back to the community that I grew up in. With great humility I give this letter to you all with hopes that I can undo what I have created and become a proud part of this community. Not a joke in another line of terrible farriers. I hope in the near future people will begin to know me as the reliable, friendly, horse loving, good working farrier that I was taught to be. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my wall of text. Anyone with question or want to get in contact with me feel free to email me at TimHam@live.com or call at 301-904-0383.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I will give you kudos for manning up. I had you out once about 5 years ago. Key word is once... But...seeing that you are willing to own up the way you did (we all mature and grow up at some point) I would be willing to call and give you a second chance should my current farrier no longer become available. I commend you for your approach and believe you deserve a second try with the way you have owned past performance. Kudos and thank you!

Tazgirl

I agree with appendix it takes a lot of courage to man up like you did. I would be willing to call on you if my current ferrier were no longer available. Kudos to you Tim and good luck.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Manning up is good as long as the man keep his words. I have never used him and have heard good and bad. I'm content with the farrier I have. But if the need arises I may try him. I also had a young farrier that did basically the same.He no longer does or will do my horse again. Best of luck...

Loper

Animal Poor!
Tim,
I think your post was very brave and commendable! Kudos to you for realizing that what you were doing was not up to your original standard. Not only did you admit that to yourself, you also came on here, took responsibility for your past actions, and would like to correct them for the future!

As hateful as these forums can be… you are very brave!!!! :huggy:

Robin

Good for you! Just remember it will usually take time to get the proof of your work and word back out. We have had many farriers in the past start out well to become cocky and uncaring and un-professional. It does take a bigger person to admit they have done wrong. However do not give up and prove it to the Horse Community, by returning calls, showing up for appointments, and being kind to your future paycheck. The four legged Equine. Its not easy being in the profession that you chose, or dealing with some horse owners. Chin up, and keep hope and prove it by your actions.

Good Luck! Drop by the store and post some of your business cards.

fredsaid2

Wow, what a post! Seems there are always new horse people moving in. I hope you get a chance w/ them to rebuild your client base and disprove your past. Best of Luck!