A Perfect Pete moment....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When I was 9 I wasn't having sex yet so I didn't know about things like who I wanted to bang.
This is my point.. instead of being proud of the gay 9 year old, maybe they should have started with.."You're 9, you're too young to be labeled. You may be going through a period of time where you are curious, or maybe like Freud suggests, a normal period, but you don't know yet, and you shouldn't cement your future as to who or what you are when you are 9. You have a lifetime to figure out who you are, don't give into any preconceived notions, or what's cool today. Maybe you are gay, maybe you aren't, but you're too young to make that determination today."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These "fishbowl" questions are usually fakes, designed to allow the candidate to talk about what they want and pontificate. That Pete chose to give a fake response to a fake gay person isn't surprising. But the fact that he made this fake gay person a 9 year old makes me raise my eyebrows.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Pete has no moral compass. That's been evident from the beginning, so this doesn't surprise me in the least.

On a side note, I would say kids start questioning and exploring way before 9 years old. Just ask the girls from my hometown. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On a side note, I would say kids start questioning and exploring way before 9 years old. Just ask the girls from my hometown. :biggrin:

Mmmm, I think it's unseemly to have a 9 year old telling the world that he's being ass-****ed on the regular, and creepy AF to have a Presidential candidate applaud it. I know Democrats like 'em young, but now they're not even trying to hide it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mmmm, I think it's unseemly to have a 9 year old telling the world that he's being ass-****ed on the regular, and creepy AF to have a Presidential candidate applaud it. I know Democrats like 'em young, but now they're not even trying to hide it.
I didn't realize that's what happened. I agree with everything you said here, for the record. I was just stating that kids in some cases, left to their own devices, explore one another before the age of 9.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't realize that's what happened.

Well, one presumes that when someone declares a sexuality, that must mean they are sexually active. Did you declare a sexual preference at age 9? I didn't, nor did anyone I knew. Sex wasn't what we did at that age.

IMO this kid is being sexually abused and should be removed from the adults he lives with. Mayor Pete made himself look really gross by engaging with this child.

Reactions: BOP

BOP

Well, one presumes that when someone declares a sexuality, that must mean they are sexually active. Did you declare a sexual preference at age 9? I didn't, nor did anyone I knew. Sex wasn't what we did at that age.

IMO this kid is being sexually abused and should be removed from the adults he lives with. Mayor Pete made himself look really gross by engaging with this child.
That, and he inadvertently reinforced the notion that some people have that gay men are child molesters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That, and he inadvertently reinforced the notion that some people have that gay men are child molesters.

He sure did.

I do not think gay men are all child molesters, and I do not think Pete Butti is a child molester. But he surely did put that optic out there for the folks who are iffy. He needs to back off of kids in a sexual context. Nothing good can come of it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He sure did.

I do not think gay men are all child molesters, and I do not think Pete Butti is a child molester. But he surely did put that optic out there for the folks who are iffy. He needs to back off of kids in a sexual context. Nothing good can come of it.
Okay, I went back and read the full article and can relate to what you're saying. I know that kids can be quite curious at and before his age, hence my first post. I didn't realize what bootyjuice has promoting here. I does appear that he is saying that it's okay for children to decide and practice homosexuality. In any event, him discussing anything sexual with a child does come off as him being more than just an adult making decisions about his own perverted sexual practices.

For the record, I harbor no hate towards homosexuals, but would probably feel uncomfortable with him being in the top office. I wasn't raised to be hateful towards gays and didn't raise my children that way. My son and I would probably rib each other and laugh if we saw a public display, but we wouldn't hate them. Hell, my future son-in-law has 2 "dads" and I'm sure I'll get along with them just fine. But at the same time, I'm not going to dance with either of them at the reception. Line drawn...

I'm not saying pete couldn't do the job of president well either, just not knowing at this point whether he may be hiding some agenda we haven't yet seen exposed. This exchange with a child may be just the tip of the iceberg for ol' pete.