A poll on the president's official website.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I would appreciate the exact link. I went to the web site and couldn't find it.

So a joke? A photoshop? What? "No link" means "no context."

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

It didn't come from Trump himself, it came from his campaign committee. It was meant to be tongue-and-cheek. Far be it for you libs to have any sense of humor... well, except for when you're calling the president a 'motherf###er'.

I doubt it was meant to be "tongue and cheek" and it appears it comes from the GOP.

It was meant to collect information from someone filling out the survey (no actual survey looking for unbiased data is worded like that). Not only that but it allows Trump to claim things based on that survey.
"96% believe the media is 'Fake News'".

PsyOps

Pixelated
I doubt it was meant to be "tongue and cheek".

It was meant to collect information from someone filling out the survey (no actual survey looking for unbiased data is worded like that). Not only that but it allows Trump to claim things based on that survey.
"96% believe the media is 'Fake News'"

Good Lord :rolleyes:

Burnthings

Do you believe the president is, or should be, the moral leader of the nation? That he should set the standard we, the subjects, should look to for guidance in how to live our lives?
Not necessarily, I just thought it was classless and cheap for his station.

Chris0nllyn

The fact that you believe it was meant to be a serious poll.

Considering this is right there with all the other "serious" polls (with poll ID numbers and "Official Use Only" designations), what makes you believe otherwise?

Seems like a good way to get voter information to me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Considering this is right there with all the other "serious" polls (with poll ID numbers and "Official Use Only" designations), what makes you believe otherwise?

Seems like a good way to get voter information to me.

Good Lord............... again :rolleyes:

Chris0nllyn

Good Lord............... again :rolleyes:

Dude, it's right there at the bottom of the page:
By providing your phone number, you are consenting to receive calls and SMS/MMS messages, including autodialed and automated calls and texts, to that number from each of the participating committees in the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, Donald J. Trump for President Inc. and the Republican National Committee.

User Opt In: The Program allows users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by users affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online enrollment forms or by texting a keyword to 88022 or any successor short code to opt into the Program. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that these Terms apply to your participation in the Program. The mobile messaging service used by Us to communicate with you requires human intervention for Our mobile messages to be initiated, and thus Our mobile messages are not sent to you by an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Nevertheless, by participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed marketing mobile messages and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us.
Term of Use & Privacy Policy: By opting into the Program or otherwise sharing your personal information with Us in connection with the Program, you expressly consent to Our Terms of Service, https://www.donaldjtrump.com/terms-of-service, and to Our Privacy Policy, https://www.donaldjtrump.com/privacy-policy, including but not limited to, Our use, sharing, exchange and/or disclosure of your information as further outlined therein.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Dude, it's right there at the bottom of the page:

Yeah, I know... that makes it all so serious.

I don't even take the REAL polls ( you know... Rasmussen, Pew, Harris...) seriously.

Chris0nllyn

Yeah, I know... that makes it all so serious.

I don't even take the REAL polls ( you know... Rasmussen, Pew, Harris...) seriously.

Cool, but that doesn't change what this poll is for. It is, in fact, serious, as it's essentially data mining for the GOP and Trump's re-election campaign.

I don't take any poll seriously either, but let's not act like there's no serious use for putting out these logically fallacious "polls".

PsyOps

Pixelated
Cool, but that doesn't change what this poll is for. It is, in fact, serious, as it's essentially data mining for the GOP and Trump's re-election campaign.

I don't take any poll seriously either, but let's not act like there's no serious use for putting out these logically fallacious "polls".

Wait, you say it's a serious poll, while in the same breath calling it 'logically fallacious'? :sshrug:

Chris0nllyn

Wait, you say it's a serious poll, while in the same breath calling it 'logically fallacious'? :sshrug:

Yes.

It's a serious poll because the GOP is using it to gather information from people filling it out. It's also serious because, like other polls, the results can be stated as if they actually mean something.

The questions themselves, however, are logically fallacious.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yes.

It's a serious poll because the GOP is using it to gather information from people filling it out. It's also serious because, like other polls, the results can be stated as if they actually mean something.

The questions themselves, however, are logically fallacious.

The questions are the poll.