A poll on the president's official website.

This_person

I'm saying he's filling the most powerful seat in our government.
Do you expect more from him than any other citizen in terms of conversational couth?

The reason I ask is not to excuse him for his bold, unfiltered style - that's just his style. I've repeatedly said on these forums that his style is not something I like on a personal level. But, his job is not for me to like his personal style.

The reason I ask is to help put forth the idea that slick talkers and pinkie-finger-out tea drinkers have gotten us a debt that is crippling, a nuclear Iran (soon, if not already), a nuclear North Korea, Chinese stealing our technology, etc., etc., etc. They don't work, and there's not a good driver for defending continuing with the same style of leadership. He is crass, he is outspoken, he is uncouth. And, there's movement in the right direction on a lot of things.

transporter

Just to point out what should be stunningly obvious

1. Iran is, once again, an overt threat to the world. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!
  2. The Paris Climate Accord was non-binding.
  3. The TPP went thru anyway...just without us. China is making inroads into those countries. US companies are not. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP.
  4. Demand for coal continues to fall as do the number of coal mining jobs. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!
  5. The Supreme Court is unlikely to ever make a decision that will have any impact on your day to day life.
  6. America's world supremacy is what is being obliterated!!! THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!

This_person

Just to point out what should be stunningly obvious

1. Iran is, once again, an overt threat to the world. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!
  2. The Paris Climate Accord was non-binding.
  3. The TPP went thru anyway...just without us. China is making inroads into those countries. US companies are not. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP.
  4. Demand for coal continues to fall as do the number of coal mining jobs. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!
  5. The Supreme Court is unlikely to ever make a decision that will have any impact on your day to day life.
  6. America's world supremacy is what is being obliterated!!! THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!
And just to point out what should be stunningly obvious

1. The Iran deal was also not binding, and has nothing to do with any changes in Iran's actions.
  2. We have reduced "green house" emissions more per capita than any of the nations that signed it.
  3. Bad for us is bad for us, whether it gains anyone else or not.
  4. What company would invest after the regulations previously provided?
  5. Every decision they make does.
  6. If you believe that, you need to crawl out from under your rock and see what's actually happening.