A question

cmhurley1

I hope everyone had a good opening day, i know i did! Big 6 on the ground at 7:50, so I'm done with the shotgun. My question is regarding tomorrow, I know that there is firearm hunting allowed tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'd be ok to take my bow out in the afternoon, (with the proper orange of course.) Any help would be great, thanks

Animal

I eat red meat
I hope everyone had a good opening day, i know i did! Big 6 on the ground at 7:50, so I'm done with the shotgun. My question is regarding tomorrow, I know that there is firearm hunting allowed tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'd be ok to take my bow out in the afternoon, (with the proper orange of course.) Any help would be great, thanks
It seems as if that would be allowed as the Maryland Hunting Guide says - Deer harvested with a bow during the 2-week firearms or 2-day late firearms season must count towards the firearms bag limit.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/pdfs/2009_2010_MDHuntGuide.pdf page 29

Also found this on page 19 - The vertical bow and crossbow may be used for hunting deer during the Deer Firearms Season and Muzzleloader Season, in accordance with Firearms and Muzzleloader Season regulations.

Last edited:

somdshootnet

Yes that is all correct. I also want to add the fact that you can only hunt tomorrow Sunday 29 on Private land only, which puts me back in the stand in about 12 hours from now, it's gonna be 29 in the morning so wear your thermal britches.

Robin

Yes and make sure you have permission on private land.

We had 2 encounters with hunters trespassing on our land. The scary thing...We have 2 hunters set on with permission to hunt on our land. We go through this every year.

Don't just park on the side of the road and go on property that you do not have permission to be on. Safety guys. please...

somdshootnet

And make sure that if you are hunting on private property with permission, make sure the other hunters know you are there. I have a situation currently where I know there is another fella hunting close by and he knows I have been there for 35 years, but, I am wondering how long it will take him to introduce himself, it's a safety issue, there are plenty of deer for both of us, but, if I don't know he's there... Fortunately for him, I do.

softcrab

Anyone want to tell some opening day stories? I only heard one shot all weekend. I've the impression not many hunters.

ontheriver

for years I had people hunt my land WITHOUT permission. I chased em!
finally had a guy ASK my permission. I said YES. he's been hunting there now three years. some people is stupid.

bulldog

for years I had people hunt my land WITHOUT permission. I chased em!
finally had a guy ASK my permission. I said YES. he's been hunting there now three years. some people is stupid.

I'll ask permission. Can I hunt your land?...please!

jenni4

Yay me!
Once again... bow in hand and I see deer everytime... gun in hand and I see jack...

speaking of private land and permissions......

I've noticed some of our landowners don't really know where their property lines are.... hunted some land last year where a lady said it was hers and we could hunt it and then another person comes over to say that its theirs... After a friendly conversation they also gave us permission to hunt their land so it has since become a non issue... still don't know who exactly owns that speck of land though...

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
LOL, don't feel like it's a one person party, I have the same issue every year.

Mine is generally monster walks by at about 50-60 yards with bow in hand.....The monster never shows with gun in hand.

Well I saw plenty of Does and a small buck. Wasn't worth taking yet since I have quite a bit of meat in the freezer. I do want to make some jerky though so by Saturday I may get the itch.