A quick explanation: Why you shouldn't believe trade deal news.

transporter

Any story about the status of US/China trade negotiations, whether that story is positive or negative, should be ignored. Toilet_Paper got all orgasmic the other day about the announcement of a "Phase One" agreement to roll back tariffs. Naturally, he read words that weren't in the article, but we've been don't this road so many times this year that one "spike's the football" at one's own peril.

And here is the most recent version:

Rollback of China tariffs faces fierce opposition in White House

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An agreement between the United States and China to roll back existing tariffs as part of a “phase one” trade deal faces fierce internal opposition in the White House and from outside advisers, multiple sources familiar with the talks said.

The idea of a tariff rollback was not part of the original October “handshake” deal between Chinese Vice Premier Liu He and U.S. President Donald Trump, the sources said.

Chinese officials said earlier on Thursday that tariff reductions had been agreed, and a U.S. official confirmed that was the case early Thursday afternoon.

But there is a divide within the administration over whether rolling back tariffs will give away U.S. leverage in the negotiations, current and former administration officials said.

The Chinese Communist Party is trying to “re-trade” the agreement, said Stephen Bannon, former White House adviser. He added that rolling back earlier tariffs “goes against the grain” of the original October agreement.

“There’s nothing that Trump hates more” than someone backtracking on a deal, he said.

Had to include that last sentence as Trump is usually the one who backtracks....and he backtracks or welshes on a deal because he simply does not understand the issues, doesn't know what his goals are or his opinion is swayed by the last person he talks to.

Which leads us to today:

Trump says he has not agreed to roll back tariffs on China, after week of trade optimism

Key Points
  • President Trump says he has not agreed to scrap tariffs on Chinese goods, though Beijing would like him to do so.
  • Stocks fall to their session lows following Trump’s comments, as optimism had risen about the prospects of the U.S. scrapping duties.
  • The two sides are working to finalize a “phase one” trade deal, which Trump says he and Chinese President Xi Jinping will sign in the U.S.
And there ya go....the Great Negotiator fails to close the deal again....

BOP

A quick explanation: Why you shouldn't believe anything I say.

I've never been right about anything, except for one time, and I might have been wrong about that, too.

limblips

Any story about the status of US/China trade negotiations, whether that story is positive or negative, should be ignored. Toilet_Paper got all orgasmic the other day about the announcement of a "Phase One" agreement to roll back tariffs. Naturally, he read words that weren't in the article, but we've been don't this road so many times this year that one "spike's the football" at one's own peril.

And here is the most recent version:

Rollback of China tariffs faces fierce opposition in White House

Had to include that last sentence as Trump is usually the one who backtracks....and he backtracks or welshes on a deal because he simply does not understand the issues, doesn't know what his goals are or his opinion is swayed by the last person he talks to.

Which leads us to today:

Trump says he has not agreed to roll back tariffs on China, after week of trade optimism

And there ya go....the Great Negotiator fails to close the deal again....

I am not to believe what I hear from numerous reliable sources yet I am to believe your analysis? You are scary stupid. BTW is your mom home?