A Shocking Result!!

transporter

I mean who (besides everyone outside the Oval Office) would have seen this result coming??? It is shocking, SHOCKING, I tell you:

Trump sanctions fail to slow Turkey assault; Moscow's allies advance

ANKARA/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Turkey ignored new sanctions from the United States to press on with its assault on northern Syria on Tuesday, while the Russia-backed Syrian army entered one of the most hotly contested cities, filling a void created by Donald Trump’s abrupt retreat

Now why would Turkey ignore Trump's sanctions? Could it be that sanctions take months, sometimes years, to start having an effect? Could it be that Turkey understands that it will achieve it's military goals long before it starts feeling the bite of sanctions?

Oh and who retreated?? Let's repeat that:

filling a void created by Donald Trump’s abrupt retreat

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When did you people become such warmongers? It has to be the second Trump said we should pull out of Syria, because prior to that you all were whining about unending wars and no blood for oil and such.

Why do you give a crap what goes on in that shithole anyway? Let them destroy themselves, why is this our problem? The US is energy independent and they have nothing to offer us besides cushy jobs for Democrat politicians' loser POS offspring.

Reactions: BOP

limblips

PREMO Member
When did you people become such warmongers? It has to be the second Trump said we should pull out of Syria, because prior to that you all were whining about unending wars and no blood for oil and such.

Why do you give a crap what goes on in that shithole anyway? Let them destroy themselves, why is this our problem? The US is energy independent and they have nothing to offer us besides cushy jobs for Democrat politicians' loser POS offspring.

Their TDS drives their every mental process, regardless of any potential positive outcomes. Trump bad man.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When did you people become such warmongers?
Well, to be fair, we, here in this land, are well steeped in war. Take for instance what is commonly known as "Kings Williams War" in 1697. A Canadian Governor, Count Frontenac, inflamed against a slighting of the King of France, fitted out three expeditions in the dead of winter against New-York, New-Hampshire and the third, the Province of Maine. The first was in February at Schenectady, a village on the Mohawk. Preparations were made to attack most every house at the exact same moment. Upon a signal, houses were broken open and set to fire. Men, women, were dragged from their beds, and with their sleeping infants, were inhumanly murdered. Sixty perished in that massacre, thirty made prisoners, while the rest, mostly naked, fled through the deep snow to further suffer or perish. Many atrocities occurred during this war on the part of the French and the Indians, (Indians here were partnered, friends, with the French). Infants when they became troublesome, were dispatched by being dashed against a stone or a tree. Or, to add to the anguish of a mother, her babe was sometimes lacerated with a scourge, or nearly strangled under water, and then presented to her quiet.

PsyOps

Pixelated
When did you people become such warmongers?

Since the dawning of man. We're really not much different than the animal world - territorial. And most people that rule countries want to expand that territory. The only way that's possible is through war.

This country was founded on the backs of war. It was preserved on the backs of war. How long have we been in Germany, England, Italy, Japan, Korea, etc... And we are there are a result of war.

But, this was promise Trump made and lived up to it. Perhaps not one of the smarter promises given 20/20 hindsight of the results. Now, like we had to do in Iraq, we're probably going to send troops back to Syria, if sanctions don't work.

If I had it my way, I'd pull every troop back home - all of them from every country and let them fend for themselves. It's hard to give up nearly 80 years of foreign policy.

BOP

I mean who (besides everyone outside the Oval Office) would have seen this result coming??? It is shocking, SHOCKING, I tell you:

Trump sanctions fail to slow Turkey assault; Moscow's allies advance

Now why would Turkey ignore Trump's sanctions? Could it be that sanctions take months, sometimes years, to start having an effect? Could it be that Turkey understands that it will achieve it's military goals long before it starts feeling the bite of sanctions?

Oh and who retreated?? Let's repeat that:
Allahdammit, why aren't you in Washington, advising the President on foreign policy?

Or is that the source of your anger?

transporter

Why is this so hard for you to follow along with Spitbubble??

There is now a hot war in northern Syria and our allies are getting their asses beat solely because Donald Trump pulled our troops out of the area. Turkey wasn't shelling our allies or dropping bombs on them until Trump went full whimp.

The Kurds fought and died to bring ISIS to its knees....they are holding thousands of ISIS prisoners. (ISIS you may recall is not a friend of the US and is exactly the people YOU and the rest of the ignorati bitch and moan about all the time). Well...they were holding thousands of ISIS prisoners.

Yes, this is the second time our moronic President said he would pull out of Syria...the first time his Sec Def resigned...and the backlash was instant. This time there was no one left to argue against it..

You are truly stupid spitbubble. You could not be less informed if you tried.

The US produces oil...we are not energy independent...Trump just created this problem...so yeah dumbass it is our concern. Maybe you should try reading something other than twitter and Facebook for your news?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is now a hot war in northern Syria and our allies are getting their asses beat solely because Donald Trump pulled our troops out of the area.

Well you can run right over there and join in with the Kurds, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you. You seem to suddenly want other people to go die in your endless foreign wars, why don't you go do it?

Oh, that's right - because you're just like every other mindless prog who DEMANDS! things and wants others to give them to you with no effort or sacrifice on your part.

:loser:

Maybe you should try reading something other than twitter and Facebook for your news?

Newsflash, bone: the stuff I read on Twitter comes from the exact same sources as any other news outlet - reporters, politicians, administration officials, etc. But you keep parroting what your handlers program you with because you think it makes you sound edgy and kewl.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This country was founded on the backs of war. It was preserved on the backs of war.

Yeah, those were wars for * our * liberty and * our * national security, not some shithole nobody can even find on a map and has nothing to do with us.

Once we became energy independent we were supposed to stop getting sucked into the Middle East and their endless crap, remember? Don't you remember that that used to be the excuse for all this: we need the oil?

limblips

PREMO Member
Why is this so hard for you to follow along with Spitbubble??

There is now a hot war in northern Syria and our allies are getting their asses beat solely because Donald Trump pulled our troops out of the area. Turkey wasn't shelling our allies or dropping bombs on them until Trump went full whimp.

You are truly stupid spitbubble. You could not be less informed if you tried.

You call Vrai stupid and you make a statement like this? Is your brain so syphilitic and ignorant that you don't know that Turkey has been allied with us since they joined NATO in 1952?

You must be trolling because nobody could possibly be such a moron by accident.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
There is now a hot war in northern Syria and our allies are getting their asses beat
Just to point out the stunningly obvious both groups are our ally, you freaking moron. When two of our allies have an issue with each other which one do we support?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yeah, those were wars for * our * liberty and * our * national security, not some shithole nobody can even find on a map and has nothing to do with us.

Once we became energy independent we were supposed to stop getting sucked into the Middle East and their endless crap, remember? Don't you remember that that used to be the excuse for all this: we need the oil?

There is no escaping the fact that we live in a global economy; where a country's economic demise will impact us. We do have a national interest in ensuring the stability of oil trade globally. As long as you own a product produced from another country (I seem to recall you owned a Toyota at one point), the cost of that product is impacted by the cost the energy required to produce that product.

Don't get me wrong, there does come a point where we just get out. But, I am of the thinking that we need to do that across the global board. But, there is always that nagging "strategic necessity" that keeps me on the fence about that.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
This is a poor argument; strong on emotion, but weak on substance.

Just to point out the stunningly obvious both groups are our ally, you freaking moron. When two of our allies have an issue with each other which one do we support?
Technically, one is a legal ally, the other an ally of current common cause. See this from VDH (Victor Davis Hanson):

Again, as a general rule, Never Trumpers and progressives are against anything that Trump is for, and they make the necessary ad hoc adjustments. They might have legitimate criticisms against Trump if he, as they accuse, simply flew off the handle in a call with the Turkish president and revoked established policies, and if he were now pulling all U.S. troops out of Syria.

And this (this is part of Hanson's central thesis):
And first, let us make a convincing argument for why a 20-year-old from Ohio should die in the badlands of Syria to keep our NATO ally Turkey from murdering our friends the Kurds.

And finally:
Then there is the Trump 2016 campaign. It was based on a 90-percent Republican traditional agenda of lower taxes, smaller government, deregulation, more energy development, secure borders, and conservative judges and social policies. But among Trump’s signature orthodox GOP messages (delivered in an unorthodox style) were also his promises to secure the American border, call China to account, restore industry and manufacturing inside the U.S. — and avoid optional overseas engagements that failed the cost-benefit test for American interests.

Call that reluctance mercenary, cynical, cold-hearted, nationalistic, isolationist, anything you will. But do not claim that in October 2019 staying clear of the Middle East infighting is irrelevant to the Trump voter or that it was suddenly sprung on the American public.

--- End of line (MCP)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may...

Nope. Not even close. During the time prior to even the 1760's it was all about trade, territorial disputes between the colonies, France, Spain, England, the Aboriginals, and other concerns. All wars, have always been about trade and resources. We just got pissed off that the Crown was taking more the it was giving, or to say, there was not an equal share being traded,. Ie. money and resources sent, not being resent in kind in the form of protections, representation, security and freedoms.