A study in Black and White this morning

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Stridor, my handsome man. Registered/Certified hunka Rocky Mountain horse.

Attachments

• S-stridor-head.jpg
    S-stridor-head.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 232

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
He hates the barn, he won't even use the run in, and he ripped his blanket off the last ice storm. So now he's nekkid after the storm.

Cowgirl

Beautiful horse! But get him back in the barn he has ice on him!!

Horses are animals that are meant to be outside! Being shut up in a barn is worse than being out in the snow. Did you know it's a good thing when you see snow on an animal's back? Their fur insulates them, so snow means no body heat is escaping to melt it. :cheers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Add that to the fact that I get eyeball deep in debt every winter keeping their tummies full of quality hay 24/7 and grain, so much so that i wish i could bottle some of the heat they put off, and bring it in! He also rolls in the snow. He loves it, I think because it's so soft. Their field is on the side of a hill, and full of pine trees, so not much snow even makes it to the ground in that field. I don't even feel the wind at my place. I can see the tops of the trees blowing around, but there is NO wind here. No drifts either.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Add that to the fact that I get eyeball deep in debt every winter keeping their tummies full of quality hay 24/7 and grain, so much so that i wish i could bottle some of the heat they put off, and bring it in! He also rolls in the snow. He loves it, I think because it's so soft. Their field is on the side of a hill, and full of pine trees, so not much snow even makes it to the ground in that field. I don't even feel the wind at my place. I can see the tops of the trees blowing around, but there is NO wind here. No drifts either.

Maybe one????:whistle::smoochy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Not in the field Stridor is in. It's on the side of a hill, and full of pines. In the middle and foal fields, maybe one. They are a little more open.

GallopNTec

Beautiful horse! But get him back in the barn he has ice on him!!

Was at a vet expo several years ago- Dr lecturing showed a slide of a beautiful barn, all the bells and whistles. He said "this is mans idea of shelter for his horse" next slide was a field with a couple big trees Dr. said"this is the same horses idea of shelter".

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Was at a vet expo several years ago- Dr lecturing showed a slide of a beautiful barn, all the bells and whistles. He said "this is mans idea of shelter for his horse" next slide was a field with a couple big trees Dr. said"this is the same horses idea of shelter".
:lol: What wonderful way of looking at it.

I really only shared the picture because i like to take photos with some substance or that tell a story. I don't take "normal" photos, and i especially liked some of the ones I got after the storm and wanted to share, i had no idea peeps would get upset.

I wanted to be outside during the blue lightening and taking pix, but i was skeered to go out. :blushing:

Wait4It..boom

What a wonderful way of looking at it.

I really only shared the picture because i like to take photos with some substance or that tell a story. I don't take "normal" photos, and i especially liked some of the ones I got after the storm and wanted to share, i had no idea peeps would get upset.
I like the photo. Don't see where anyone should get upset. When my dogs go outside (and they're indoor dogs), they too come back in with ice and packed snow all over them. In most cases, I bring them back in and they still aren't ready.

I saw a lot of the horses in the area playing in the snow yesterday. You can tell that some really do like the weather (they get pretty spunky). I'm sure it's a good break from the warm weather while they still have those wooly coats.

Keep those pics comin'!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
My horses generally prefer to be outside unless it's extremely windy. Octavia had big old ice balls hanging off of her long winter coat and her legs. I told her she looked like a hot mess. But she has fun laying down in the snow. Mmmm, comfy!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
My horses generally prefer to be outside unless it's extremely windy. Octavia had big old ice balls hanging off of her long winter coat and her legs. I told her she looked like a hot mess. But she has fun laying down in the snow. Mmmm, comfy!
I ALMOST took a picture of the ice balls hanging from my English Springer's inside back legs, and wanted to name the pic (appropriately) SNOW BALLS. :lol:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Cool picture of Stridor (aka ICE MAN). My guys were out making snow angels too. Tried to take pictures of Blitzy’s Ice-cycles but he wouldn't stop trying to eat the camera; insatiable appetite that one. Spent all that money for those beautiful run-ins and they would rather get snowed on. Go figure!

on a side note:....Barns are for our convienance, not the horse's.