A 'This and That' Day

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Another gorgeous Friday, good for whatever. Got rousted out of bed before 8am for a fuel oil delivery. After b'fast, drove up to Tom Hodges to make an appt for service, stuff that I like to get done before winter, oil/filter, rotate tires, fluid exchange in all the diffs. Then hooked up the flatbed trailer to take some stuff up to the storage unit. While I was there, dragged one of the gennys out for quick maintenance, putting an hour or so runtime on it. Set up a solar panel to recharge my LiFePO4 battery.

Later I might do a black trim restore on the truck.

What is anyone else doing?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It was winter this morning, then turned into spring around noon, and now it's edging toward summer....

Gorgeous and sunny out! I ran errands and hung out at the beach for an hour.

GregV814

after my Dr. Said I'll live aNOTHER 6 MONTHS, OR when THE CHECK CLEARS, i ROUNDED UP A BUNCH OF PREVIOUSLY ENJOYED COLLECTIBLES IN MY GARAGE AND BASEMENT. oN THE TRUCK AND BOUND FOR THE cALVERT fAIRGROUNDS TOMORROW MORNING.
i GOtta fix this CapLock buttoN

glhs837

Power with Control
How often do you change diff fluids?
Honestly, this is the first time ever. 2014 GMC 1500 with 103,000 miles.

Ah, I wondered since it was lumped in with things you like to get done before winter :)

Today? Some work for work (flex time) some work on helping the son add a set of Bilstein adjustable shocks, springs and struts to his 2010 135i convertible. More work making an 8x8 paver back patio. 80v Kobalt tiller helping out there. Of course thicker roots get the 16lb digging bar to convince them.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My lawn dude came today for a final cut for the season. He'll be back next month and December for leaf management.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wife and I started planting arborvitaes in the field. Got a late start. Will finish today. Looks like I will have some help today.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Arborvitaes... Thuja Green Giants. Planting them as a property line screen.

Thuja_Green_Giant_Tree_3_FGT.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
After b'fast, drove up to Tom Hodges to make an appt for service, stuff that I like to get done before winter, oil/filter, rotate tires, fluid exchange in all the diffs.
Well..... this was unexpected. While it was in for service, I asked them to check out a little noise coming from the front end when I turn. Turns out the steering rack was falling apart and in really bad shape. I had no idea... steering was fine, no issues, only a little thunk and only intermittently.

Bad news is both OEM and reman units are out of stock nearly everywhere. Usual places were out, Rock Auto, GM Parts... Found a new OEM at Summit Racing. Not cheap.

In the meantime, it's bad enough I shouldn't drive it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well..... this was unexpected. While it was in for service, I asked them to check out a little noise coming from the front end when I turn. Turns out the steering rack was falling apart and in really bad shape. I had no idea... steering was fine, no issues, only a little thunk and only intermittently.

Bad news is both OEM and reman units are out of stock nearly everywhere. Usual places were out, Rock Auto, GM Parts... Found a new OEM at Summit Racing. Not cheap.

In the meantime, it's bad enough I shouldn't drive it.
Yoh have another vehicle, don't you?