A Time for Healing

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Wenchy said:
I know this subject has been brought up many times. I posted in a thread about this last year. This little boy goes to school with my son.

Just click on the headline for the full story.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
He's a tough little guy. My hats off to him and his family with a special thanks to the community. Damn dog owner should be in jail. People should be held responsible for their animals actions. PERIOD!

Mikeinsmd

Dutch6 said:
Damn dog owner should be in jail. People should be held responsible for their animals actions. PERIOD!
:yeahthat: No leash law in Delaware?? :confused:

Why do Pitts, Rotties & Bulls have to be "trained" to behave when it comes naturally to most other breeds?

Lil'Nymph

Mikeinsmd said:

Why do Pitts, Rotties & Bulls have to be "trained" to behave when it comes naturally to most other breeds?
Because stupid people inbreed them and breed nasty ones because of the demand for them.

W

Wenchy

Mikeinsmd said:

There is a leash law in Delaware, but like many "laws" they are open to interpretation, ie:
http://www.edgarsnyder.com/accidents/dogbite/leash-laws/delaware.html

Contentment Lane (where the little boy was mauled) is actually on the Maryland side (by 30 or so feet)

I remember when this occurred. The owner smuggled the other 3 dogs that escaped to Virginia Beach. He was reported shortly thereafter, and the dogs were taken and euthanized.

I think the owner should pay for all expenses incurred by this family, and then I would like to string him up like a pinata, and let people take whacks at him until he falls apart.

If he had taken responsibility for this tragedy, I could respect him. Instead, he ran, and hid his dogs.

My son tells me that Mitchell is just fine, and doesn't understand what the fuss is all about.

I love all animals, but the owner of any animal needs to take responsibility for it's actions.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Wenchy said:
If he had taken responsibility for this tragedy, I could respect him.
As much as I love Cody, if he ever did something so horrible to a child, I'd have no choice but to have him put down. That behavior is unacceptable. I'm glad to hear that the boy is okay, and that his spirits are up. :yay:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Agreed! The owner of those dogs should be taken to court, sued, and made to pay for that young lad's medical bills.

W

Wenchy