AAFB fishing report 3/23

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Had an excellent day on the water today. First time putting in the boat. I got my first Maryland largemouth bass & first pickerel of the year today. I had a total of 14 fish with 3 being bass. Best pickerel was 22 inches long. Best bass was 15 inches and nice and fat. I used a combination of Mepps spinners along with rapala countdown and husky jerks.

I was on the water from about 2:30pm until 6PM. The temperature was pleasant with full sun and zero clouds. Mild winds occasionally. The cold winter weather knocked some of the weeds down in the lake. The bites were a bit on the timid side. No real hard strikes. The fish seem to be just starting to move after the long winter.

Spring and fall fishing are my favorite times to be on the water. Everything seems to be biting these times. A slower retrieve will catch you more fish. Now if I can just find someone to fish with.

bass1.jpg

pick1.jpg

Shutout

Most of the pickerel I have caught have been on spinners. And a countdown is hard to beat as well. Great walleye lure. Nice fish.