Abdominal Hernia

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
In c-section scar. I think I may have one. One side of my scar has been fairly painful for about a month. When I lay flat on my back and press it's very soft in about a 1 inch spot compared to the rest of the scar. From what I've read online, maybe a hernia in the scar. Anyone ever had this? I know I need to make an apt with a doctor, but what doctor, the girl doctor or family doctor? Or does it really matter, just get my butt to the doctor? :lol:

Roman

In c-section scar. I think I may have one. One side of my scar has been fairly painful for about a month. When I lay flat on my back and press it's very soft in about a 1 inch spot compared to the rest of the scar. From what I've read online, maybe a hernia in the scar. Anyone ever had this? I know I need to make an apt with a doctor, but what doctor, the girl doctor or family doctor? Or does it really matter, just get my butt to the doctor? :lol:
Do you feel something like a Bubble in that area? When you push on it, does it feel like what ever it is goes back in to place? It doesn't really matter what Doctor you go to, but it might be easier getting in with your Family Doctor. I know that C-Section Scars take a while to heal, and you just might have a tender spot, but get it checked out anyway. It might be scar tissue too. I hope that you are OK, and enjoy the weekend.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Do you feel something like a Bubble in that area? When you push on it, does it feel like what ever it is goes back in to place? It doesn't really matter what Doctor you go to, but it might be easier getting in with your Family Doctor. I know that C-Section Scars take a while to heal, and you just might have a tender spot, but get it checked out anyway. It might be scar tissue too. I hope that you are OK, and enjoy the weekend.

My younget is 7 so it's been healed for a while. :lol: I'm just self diagnosing from what I've read online. Its not pushed out at all but what I've read a scar can weaken and start to tear without anything popping through. Maybe an adhesion too but it is fairly painful in just that one spot which is why I was thinking hernia (or the start of one). My first child (almost 10) was a very big incision, literally hip tp hip. They took my youngest almost 3 weeks early and my ob said she removed a ton of scar tissue while she was in there. Its right on the edge of where she went in with my youngest.

Thanks for the input. I'll make an apt. It's not killing me but it is fairly painful.

smts

Your regular doc can send you for a CT Scan, that's the only way to know for sure. If you have one, then a General Surgeon is the next step

Roman

Let us know how you are doing Pix. I'm curious to see what the Doc says. I hope that it's nothing. :flowers:

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
When you cough or sneeze, strain at all do you feel a tugging or pinch there? I've had 2 bilateral hernias and that's a pretty good give away. Also just from my experience they could tell I had one just from looking. I didn't need an MRI.