About all those electric cars we should want...

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, for me it's more about silly performance, simplified drive-train with as associated decrease in maint effort and cost and increased lifespan of the drive-train. I think if I were in the market for a 38K electric vehicle, I would be very tempted by a used Tesla. I might pick up a used 2016 Model S in a couple of years when they are in the 30K range. Nothing older since the enhanced autopilot equipment made a major upgrade that year.

Clem72

I was considering a Model 3, but I need a bit more space for grandkid car seats (and honestly don't need so much power). I think I will wait a year or three to see how the batteries fair on the new (introduced 2019) Kia Niro Electric which looks to be a nice commuter vehicle and I should be able to find one for a good deal at 1-2 years old.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My oldest son works in Stavanger, Norway and lives pretty close to where he works. He bought a new Renault electric car a couple years ago and loves it. Electric cars are huge in Norway, where larger gasoline vehicles have near a 100% import duty that is waived completely for electric cars and reduced by half for hybrids. Because of that, Norway is Tesla's #1 foreign sales country (not sure if that's based on total units sold or units per capita..)

glhs837

Power with Control
I was considering a Model 3, but I need a bit more space for grandkid car seats (and honestly don't need so much power). I think I will wait a year or three to see how the batteries fair on the new (introduced 2019) Kia Niro Electric which looks to be a nice commuter vehicle and I should be able to find one for a good deal at 1-2 years old.

More space in the back? I was thinking the 3 was maybe tight back there until I saw one here on base, that back seat is huge, unless you need three seats, I cant imagine that would be a dealbreaker. I would agree on a waiting period, for one that might let the infrastructure for public charging catch up and while we have some good data on Teslas batteries longevity over a couple hundred thousand miles, we don't for anyone else yet.