About bending at the poll...Happy

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
About giving at the poll...Happy

I need to work Jose' on bending at the poll..this is how I do it..you had asked me..He will be worked 20 min a day for 5 days a week..will post pics next week so you can see the progress..

Attachments

• 6212007.jpg
    6212007.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i need to do that with my horses... they like to stick there noses out. I was actually talking to some trainers at work today about that equipment... I never used it so hopefully i can watch and learn!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Pasofever said:
I need to work Jose' on bending at the poll..this is how I do it..you had asked me..He will be worked 20 min a day for 5 days a week..will post pics next week so you can see the progress..

Paso are you using sidereins attached to the surcingle??

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BZHorseMomE said:
Paso are you using sidereins attached to the surcingle??

Those are reins or thin lead ropes ...NO rubber but basically yes..tomorrow I will use rubber side reins...Today was day 1 so I could not crank him down like I want to be able too..needs time before I can do that..

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Thanks Paso
i have a friend who would put a saddle on her young ones while in the stall, and tie the rein to one stirrup at a time for a few hours a night. The stirrup would be light enough pressure to make them give, and when they bent around gave an immediate release on its own. I though that was pretty creative. Hers were always soft and rounded.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
Thanks Paso
i have a friend who would put a saddle on her young ones while in the stall, and tie the rein to one stirrup at a time for a few hours a night. The stirrup would be light enough pressure to make them give, and when they bent around gave an immediate release on its own. I though that was pretty creative. Hers were always soft and rounded.

She is nicer then I...I tie them to their own tail or to the d rings of the saddle..you see how soft Roger is? He has been tied aound alot...

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
wait for the next pic I will post and he will be nose in..and on the vertical..

Here is my youngster! :yahoo: He is great, light and supple. He breaks at the poll from learning lateral flexion right and left. Head pops up, time to flex. And he still gets tied from time to time with one rein to the saddle. I wish they were all as willing as he is! :banana:

Attachments

• Toby Trot 001_0002.jpg
    Toby Trot 001_0002.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 82

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Yeap snake that head from side to side too..nice boy...and nice neck to be able to do that kinda stuff..this guy I am working was a stud for 13 yrs and is over weight and cresty so that does not help at all either..

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
Yeap snake that head from side to side too..nice boy...and nice neck to be able to do that kinda stuff..this guy I am working was a stud for 13 yrs and is over weight and cresty so that does not help at all either..

Thanks! I love him :love: !

Hey, maybe they can do some horsie lipo! I'd imagine a good poll break is a heck of a lot harder to achieve on the horse you are working with being he was a stud so long! But I really like how you bring it on slow, so many people want to just crank on them and that can cause some bad reactions. The way you do it is less resistance and a learning process! :yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
Thanks! I love him :love: !

Hey, maybe they can do some horsie lipo! I'd imagine a good poll break is a heck of a lot harder to achieve on the horse you are working with being he was a stud so long! But I really like how you bring it on slow, so many people want to just crank on them and that can cause some bad reactions. The way you do it is less resistance and a learning process! :yay:

Will take about 2 weeks (5 days a week) to get him where I want him then another couple of constant work..he has been ridden heavy handed so he does not give but rather nose out..and I want his head higher then we want with our WP and HUS horses (your colt and my Roger) so I have to work the Paso's differently but still want them supple and giving..