About Those Dating Sites.....

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Married man sues dating site

SAN FRANCISCO - A California man in the process of getting a divorce said on Monday he was suing a popular online dating service that barred him from joining until his marriage is officially over.

John Claassen, a 36-year-old lawyer, said he was ready to resume dating but maintains that Pasadena, California-based agency eHarmony is violating his civil rights by not letting him use its service before his divorce is official.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Penn said:
Married man sues dating site

SAN FRANCISCO - A California man in the process of getting a divorce said on Monday he was suing a popular online dating service that barred him from joining until his marriage is officially over.

John Claassen, a 36-year-old lawyer, said he was ready to resume dating but maintains that Pasadena, California-based agency eHarmony is violating his civil rights by not letting him use its service before his divorce is official.

I don't think that site allows separated people.

He could try Yahoo. They allow married people looking for a piece on the side. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
justbeachy said:
He could try a different dating service
He doesn't WANT to use a different dating service - he wants eHarmony to change their policy. And he doesn't even care so much about that as he's looking for some jury to give him a payday.

Keep up.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: It spells it out in black and white when you sign up and you MUST verify that you are single. I think eHarmony ought to countersue him for fraud.
They're the site that works on making lasting relationships, not casual dating, right? He might be ready to date but if he's not divorced yet he sure isn't ready for a relationship. I think Vrai's right, he's just feels like suing someone to bide time and make a little cash.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
I think eHarmony ought to countersue him for fraud.
That's a FABULOUS idea! Why don't companies do this when their sue-happy customers start crying about "their rights"?

Toxick

Splat
Penn said:
eHarmony is violating his civil rights by not letting him use its service before his divorce is official.

Civil rights?
Is he ####ing serious?

What amendment avows that "The Right to usage of a privately owned online dating services shall not be infringed"?

Friggin moron. I hope he goes to jail for wasting everyone's time and money with this ignorant nonsense.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: It spells it out in black and white when you sign up and you MUST verify that you are single. I think eHarmony ought to countersue him for fraud.

But they tell you this AFTER you've wasted 30 minutes doing their version of the Myers-Briggs crap. I applaud the guy!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
"Claassen said his lawsuit is based on a state law requiring businesses to disregard a person's marital status in the provision of services. "

That's the last line in the article.

So that's what the sly fella is going for!

I have to agree: the dude is going for the payoff. It's not that his rights were violated. He couldn't give crap about that! :lmao: