Abusive Priests

tejo

About 60 % of priests are homosexuals. I think that number is
low. I believe that number is much higher. From my own observation and research, the last 40 years, the priesthood has become a mecca
for gay men. Most of these gay priest pratice their sexuality
with members of their own age-or over 18. However, there are
those that prey on young boys.
All these priests live a double life.
In interviews with priests that have left the seminary" this is a
tip of the iceberg".
These priests that have left the seminary couldn't believe the open homosexual activity in the seminaries.
I also will say this, I have known and loved some very special, dedicated priests.
With so many homosexual men in the priesthood, it will continue to be
very difficult for "straight" men to become priests.

Thank-you

K

Kain99

Geez O Flip Buddy! Where do you get your "facts" I am not Catholic but I certainly would never make blatant hateful statements like the ones you just did!

Hell If ya want to bash em' you really don't need to make $hit up! This Church has been through enough crisis to last them a life time.

I personally wonder about anyone who derives enjoyment from the break down of any Church! Are you an Atheist? Satanist? or just one of those Holier than Thou idiots who places more signifigance on his Religion than Christ himself?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Kain99
Hell If ya want to bash em' you really don't need to make $hit up! This Church has been through enough crisis to last them a life time.

Hold on K... The Catholic Church has brought this on themselves by hiding the situation, and paying off victims. They finally need to face the music. The deviants need to go. The Bishops who overlooked the sick priests and sent them to a different parish also need to be accountable and resign.

I was an altar boy for years, and I never encountered an abusive priest. (Thank God!) But, when you're a kid, and you look up to these men, they are in a prime position to take advantage of their young followers. The Church needs to bring the full-force of discipline and justice at these sick men. That is not accomplished when you write a check and reassign the priest.

But, the Catholic Church has put themselves through the "crisis" you mentioned, and I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Last edited:

SxyPrincess

Tejo,

Here's a site for you to do some browsing around on. http://www.usccb.org/

I think you have your numbers (percentages) completely mixed up. I work with Priests EVERYDAY and can safely say, the number of good Priests greatly outweigh the bad apples.

K

Kain99

Oh for Craps sake N! The Catholic Church is comprised of it's parishoners as well as it's administration. If you'd step back, you'd realize that the Parishoners (the church) has been through a crisis beyond anything they could have imagined. Guess what.... They didn't ask for it and it is not their fault!!!!

Is the whole thing a horrible sick mess? Hell Yes! but It makes me sick to my stomach when I see people getting enjoyment from the pain and suffering of others! :burning:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Kain99
Is the whole thing a horrible sick mess? Hell Yes! but It makes me sick to my stomach when I see people getting enjoyment from the pain and suffering of others! :burning:

I don't gain any enjoyment from this. I have no compassion for the men who created this situation, and the men who covered it up. My comments are directed no further than those two groups of criminals.

The victims have my compassion. The members of the Church are simply innocent bystanders. But there's no enjoyment to be derived from the situation at all.

demsformd

I am a devote Catholic and I love the BELIEFS of the Church not the man-made hiearchy. I completely believe that you need more than just faith to get into Heaven, I love the fact that Jesus's direct disciples formed the Church, and the rituals of the Church. I live my moral life based on my judgement of the Bible, not based on what a bishop or the Pope tells me. I just hope that this whole ordeal makes other Catholics realize that they have to think for themselves when it comes to morals and not merely following the dicates of these immoral men.