ACC Basketball

So, with Duke's win today, what are the ACC's prospects for the NCAAs?

They get 7 bids, right? (Yes)

Any chance they get 2 #1 seeds? (No)

Or, do they get a 1, 2, 3, 4 and a 5 (plus 2 more lower seeds)? (Yes)

Beta84

They're out to get us
UNC - 1
Duke - 2
Wake - 3
Clemson/FSU - probably 4 (FSU possibly a 5?)

Still not 100% sold on MD and BC, but things are lookin good...but probably no higher than 10 seeds.

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
looks like the only big surprises to me were Clemson dropping low and MD being so high (figured 11-12 at best). The biggest disappointment I saw from the selection committee was putting Arizona in. WTF is that about?

and dang did they dog the SEC! 8, 9, and 13 (by way of conference tourney championship). Ouch! As soon as I saw that I knew my Gators, who were already probably NIT bound, had no chance in hell!! Not really a surprise though, the entire conference blew this year.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
and dang did they dog the SEC! 8, 9, and 13 (by way of conference tourney championship). Ouch! As soon as I saw that I knew my Gators, who were already probably NIT bound, had no chance in hell!! Not really a surprise though, the entire conference blew this year.

Right there with you. I'm a UofK fan through and through, but they flat out SUCKED this year. Looks like I'll be cheering on Louisville and Western Kentucky instead.

Severa

Common sense ain't common

Haha, very funny. :p Not just UofK, but the SEC as a conference was a barf fest this year.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my hometown team, Louisville, is the #1 OVERALL seed in the tourney.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Haha, very funny. :p Not just UofK, but the SEC as a conference was a barf fest this year.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my hometown team, Louisville, is the #1 OVERALL seed in the tourney.
And well deserved. They won the Big East regular season and tournament titles. Nobody else can match that. I don't know if another team from a power conference managed to do that.

How did Maryland go from being a bubble team to a 10 seed? :confused:
They were still one of the last few in. With the auto-bids stolen by crap teams (Mississippi State, Temple, USC, etc), there were some 10 seeds that were among the last teams chosen. I think I saw somewhere that MD was one of the last 4 in.

How about 3 of the 1 seeds comming from the Big East!!!!! :clap:

Not sure if UConn deserved it, but Pitt and Louisville definitely did. Either way, UConn gets to be seeded with Memphis so I don't see much of a difference.