ACC Tourneyment

homedepot20

Maryland knocked Duke out of tourneyment:yahoo: and Kicked Duke A$$ ! :evil: Coach K sat on sideline with a sh#ty a$$ frown on face most of game . I have to work with a lot of Duke fans and listen to their BullSh$t about how great they are .

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Maryland knocked Duke out of tourneyment:yahoo: and Kicked Duke A$$ ! :evil: Coach K sat on sideline with a sh#ty a$$ frown on face most of game . I have to work with a lot of Duke fans and listen to their BullSh$t about how great they are .

I watched the 2nd half, Duke couldn't do anything outside and couldn't play inside the arch either...... sucks to be them.

Terps will have a different game today, 3pm - be there

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Watched every minute of it. Maryland/Duke games so often come down to us not making plays towards the end that we'd made all game, get the board, make the free throw, hit a big three, and them making plays when they have to and turning us winning by 10 into them winning by 10.

Maryland starting making some of those mistakes late, giving up a bunch of offensive boards, ball handling turnovers but, never stopped making free throws and kept getting a big three here and there as well as an easy bucket or two and kept playing HARD.

I tell you what, if Duke is a #1 seed, that makes us, at the very least, in the dance. We were the clearly better team last night, pretty much from beginning to end. I applaud Turgoen for the sub job he did; keep up the energy, keep up the intensity. Obviously, the Terps are just this side of Special Olympics in terms of ball handling but, man, depth, a bunch of people who can score, maybe I'm jumping on the bandwagon here but, this could be a Sweet 16 team without too much day dreaming.

:buddies:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Watched every minute of it. Maryland/Duke games so often come down to us not making plays towards the end that we'd made all game, get the board, make the free throw, hit a big three, and them making plays when they have to and turning us winning by 10 into them winning by 10.

Maryland starting making some of those mistakes late, giving up a bunch of offensive boards, ball handling turnovers but, never stopped making free throws and kept getting a big three here and there as well as an easy bucket or two and kept playing HARD.

I tell you what, if Duke is a #1 seed, that makes us, at the very least, in the dance. We were the clearly better team last night, pretty much from beginning to end. I applaud Turgoen for the sub job he did; keep up the energy, keep up the intensity. Obviously, the Terps are just this side of Special Olympics in terms of ball handling but, man, depth, a bunch of people who can score, maybe I'm jumping on the bandwagon here but, this could be a Sweet 16 team without too much day dreaming.

We beat Duke 2 outta 3 this season ...... if Terps don't win the ACC, I don't think they get in. Just my non-basketball minded uneducated opinion.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We beat Duke 2 outta 3 this season ...... if Terps don't win the ACC, I don't think they get in. Just my non-basketball minded uneducated opinion.

Hope your wrong.

I think Miami is going to kill them, us, because they have the size to deal with ours and a bunch of solid perimeter guys but, man, as I say, if Duke is a 1, we did win 20 games, beat them regular season and tourney time, we gotta get in.

Severa

Common sense ain't common

This Kentucky fan (who is wondering what the hell happened to her team this year *hangs head*) was also VERY happy to see Duke LOSE last night. Oh, and also happy to see her other home state team Louisville beat Notre Dame and those AWFUL green uniforms...

Two wins over a #1 seed would be a strong point in Maryland's favor, but I think they need to beat UNC today to get in.

homedepot20

Terrapins almost made it to ACC Championship ! Lost by 3 and kept Tar heels from running away with game . Really doubt that NCAA will consider MD for Tournament , but MD should get a High NIT seed .

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Great season for the Canes as they win win their first ever regular season championship and ACC tourney. Mixed feelings on my part - for the Canes, that is.

The Canes are real contenders for the NCAA championship, but now they have to win nine straight to take the whole enchilada. Part of me wanted the U to win today and shut up the rest of the old guard basketball ACC, at least for a while, but part of me wanted them to lose a good game and get that post-season loss out of the way.

Whhoooaaaaa C-A-N-E-S CANES!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
9? What did I miss?

- 3 straight to win the ACC tourney, and now six needed for the NCAA's. Nine is a lot to win in a row at any time of any season, for any team, but it has been done. But a real stretch unless you are a monster team or have the luck with ya.

Go CANES! May the luck force be with ya'lls!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
- 3 straight to win the ACC tourney, and now six needed for the NCAA's. Nine is a lot to win in a row at any time of any season, for any team, but it has been done. !

Yeah. Nearly every year. I think Duke starts every seasons expecting to play that many games.

I get your point, win your tournament, no rest, then win the NCAA's. The thing is, by and large, the NCAA winners plays those 9 games being either their tourney winner or runner up. I don't have the stats to back it up but, where I am going with this is the expectations top coaches put on their teams.

Just because you didn't win your tourney doesn't make you more rested or more fit to go win 6 games. You're still gonna practice, still gonna prepare if you got an invite so, it's not energy, it's expectations. Duke expects to win so, while they enjoy winning the ACC tourney, the celebration is in line with that; it was expected, with the knowledge that the next expectation is still to come. I mean, you GO to school there starting with that expectation.

Maryland's pinnacle was beating Duke that second time. They were better than Carolina Saturday, clearly, but, had lost a little something celebrating the Duke win and were missing lay ups left and right, just a tad off.

And that's the catch-22; the balance between expectations and what you achieve. Coach K loses nothing telling his kids we expect to win it all. Every year. Same thing at Michigan State, Kansas, Carolina, Kentucky, all those schools. All those kids expect that. It's why they are there. Turgeon, every coach trying to get to that level, has to find a balance between setting the bar high and not turning his kids off with unrealistic expectations.

In any event, should be a good tournament. One guy said it's going to be good because there are probably 8 teams that have a real shot to win it all and about 30 that could make the final four. :buddies: