Accepting new boarders!

calgirl

Painted Dreams Horsemanship is now accepting new boarders at Flat Iron Farm. Barn has just been powerwashed, including all stalls and washstall. Check us out! You can also see our ad in the classifieds! Thanks!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Painted Dreams Horsemanship is now accepting new boarders at Flat Iron Farm. Barn has just been powerwashed, including all stalls and washstall. Check us out! You can also see our ad in the classifieds! Thanks!

Who is running this now? Can you bring your own trainer? I heard it was closed for trainers..

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
It looks REALLY, REALLY nice. It was nice seeing you last night!!

As far as I know for right now there is no bringing another trainer in there. Maybe in time as things settle down but the new manager is running on a very tight budget right now and the extra insurance that is required is out of the budget right now.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I thought I heard that holly stello or whatever might be teaching there? What if the other instructors had their own insurance?

fredsaid2

It looks REALLY, REALLY nice. It was nice seeing you last night!!

As far as I know for right now there is no bringing another trainer in there. Maybe in time as things settle down but the new manager is running on a very tight budget right now and the extra insurance that is required is out of the budget right now.

The ship in instructor doesn't provide their own insurance?
What are the quals of the barn instructor?
Top board would be hard to pay w/ instructor limitations if the barn didn't provide a top-notch one.

devinej

also heard they are still doing 24 hour turnout. kind of a lot to pay in board for that.

bliss, HS went over there a couple times, but then they said no outside instructors, so not anymore.

I bet they are still trying to let the dust settle, give them a few months and things will get sorted out. sometimes it takes a little while and new management has only been in there for a couple weeks.

but i would think if the outside instructor had their own insurance it wouldn't cost them any more would it?

fredsaid2

also heard they are still doing 24 hour turnout. kind of a lot to pay in board for that.

bliss, HS went over there a couple times, but then they said no outside instructors, so not anymore.

I bet they are still trying to let the dust settle, give them a few months and things will get sorted out. sometimes it takes a little while and new management has only been in there for a couple weeks.

but i would think if the outside instructor had their own insurance it wouldn't cost them any more would it?

Full board pay for field board?? I can’t see how the fields could handle 24 hours on anyway, especially with how dry it’s been.

devinej

probably still getting settled into the place, need some time to get a real routine going, easier to not have to clean stalls.

calgirl

Hello Everybody! Just wanted to answer a few quick questions: The instructor is Chrissy Long, and she is CHA Certified. We have already met our quota for field boarders, who DO NOT have to pay the same rate as the boarders who receive full care with a stall. As for 24 hour turn-out, we have more than meets the eye when driving by. There is another approximately 50-acre fenced pasture behind the arena. The boarders can keep their horses in or out as much as they like. Insurance is not the only issue to deal with as far as bringing in other instructors. Thanks for your inquiries, and if there are any further questions, please feel free to call us @ 240-434-2348. We'd love to hear from you!

Robin

How about a little back ground on accomplishments.Since you are new to the scene here,
Years of riding and managing a horse facility. Where
How many horses were under your care?
Trainers and Instructors you have worked with.
Level of Shows you participated in.
Local? rated? standings?

What is your goal at Painted Dreams/Flat Iron Farm?
Are you an On Grounds Manager {Living at the farm}
Hours of Operation? Certain hours farm is open to riders boarders?
Do you rent out the Indoor by the hour like in the past for Winter riding?
Can Horses Trailer in or Private to on farm Horses only?
Most Trainers carry their own Credentials, Insurance to provide lessons to their pupils at other farms. This is a big talk going around right now. It will limit the level of horse and rider boarding at a facility if Personal trainer of preference is not allowed on a facility. Can you clarify?

Good Luck on your dreams and goals. Flat Iron is a beautiful Facility.