Accident involving Horse and Buggy

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Me too.. I saw a car buggy accident once.. Poor horse was coverd with a blanket on the side of the road.. very sad!!

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Unsure if any people were hurt (I don't think they were), but I do know that the roadway had to be cleaned of 'fluid'

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Cars FLY down that road. And there's probably just as many amish and mennonite families as there are "moderners" in that area. Not to mention it's twisty and windy and there's no sense in doing over the speed limit. :rolleyes:

Ever come out of one of the race tracks after a night of racing to see people racing down that road? :faint:

Hoover

Cars FLY down that road. And there's probably just as many amish and mennonite families as there are "moderners" in that area. Not to mention it's twisty and windy and there's no sense in doing over the speed limit. :rolleyes:

Ever come out of one of the race tracks after a night of racing to see people racing down that road? :faint:

Its sad. I think about what could happen all time when I go down that road.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Its sad. I think about what could happen all time when I go down that road.

We were coming home from the Demolition Derby a few weeks ago and there was a buggy on the road..it was after 9. I thought that they didn't travel much after dark :shrug: It was very hard to see him until you were right up on the buggy.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
We were coming home from the Demolition Derby a few weeks ago and there was a buggy on the road..it was after 9. I thought that they didn't travel much after dark :shrug: It was very hard to see him until you were right up on the buggy.

Now that you mention it, I have noticed more horse and buggies on the road after dark - heck, after 9pm even. I find I'm behind one at least 3 or 4 times a week now after dark on my road. :hmmmmm:

When I start noticing the buggies are armor-all'd I'm gonna have to do some investigating...

TurboK9

Now that you mention it, I have noticed more horse and buggies on the road after dark - heck, after 9pm even. I find I'm behind one at least 3 or 4 times a week now after dark on my road. :hmmmmm:

When I start noticing the buggies are armor-all'd I'm gonna have to do some investigating...

52" Chrome wheels and a victrola w/ 15" subs?

Son and I passed an Amish teen going down the shoulder of a road last week... he was talking on a cell phone...:faint:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Anybody else got Wierd Al's "Amish Paradise" rollin in their heads right now? :lol:

Seriously though, prayers to those involved.