acck! Lusby is getting another Food Lion???

I saw the signs today for the Lusby Center. Says that it will be anchored by a Food Lion and other retail space is available yadda yadda.

Acck - another Food Lion! Isn't the one two miles away in Lusby/Dowell/Solomons (or whatever they say as their location) close enough???!!! What the heck are they thinking????

Despite having two Food Lions within a few miles of each other, I will still do a weekly grocery trip to Giant in California (for their weekly sales and doubling couponing).

Ponytail

I go to that Giant too, but not for teh coupons. They have a better selection and carry stuff that I can't find at Food Lion. The eye candy is much better too.

I can't believe Lusby is getting another Food Lion. That's ridiculous. I guess another CVS will go in there too then.

Heck, and maybe Gott will put in another gas station. That's what Lusby needs, another gas station (note sarcasm). I can't remember the last time I bought gas in Lusby (or Calvert in general) since gas in St. Mary's is sometimes .20 cheaper per gallon.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by yardsalequeen
since gas in St. Mary's is sometimes .20 cheaper per gallon.

And on that note, the lady at BJs promised their gas will be 9cents a gallon cheaper than the lowest price around here for members (ie, if Sheetz is $1.49 then BJs will be $1.40)

SamSpade

I still find it hard to believe. Maybe it is either a smaller version of the one down the street, or another market owned by the same company. Or a typo. Of course, this is Southern Maryland, and two Food Lions separated by two or three miles seems weird. Up near the district, you can find Safeways and Giants that close together.

I've been hearing about the Lusby town center now for too long to believe I will ever see it actually finished. You know, like that office park that was supposed to be built up near Cove Point Road and Rte 4.

pilot

The way they do things around here, they'll put in the second Food Lion and then close the first. Then that nice, new plaza in Solomons will go the way of San Souci or Wildewood.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by tys_mommy
And on that note, the lady at BJs promised their gas will be 9cents a gallon cheaper than the lowest price around here for members (ie, if Sheetz is $1.49 then BJs will be $1.40)

PROMISED? She's going to get bit in the @ss on that one. There is no way she can make such a promise. Was she a rep of the company? b/c if so she's making false claims they can't live up to on a regular basis.

She can say, "based on past experience ..." or "We USUALLY run 9 cents cheaper. . ." There's a law in MD against pricing gas below wholesale costs. It's a new law and has not been challenged in the courts yet and probably won't stand up when it is challenged, but they DO enforce it once in a while.

The BJ's in Waldorf usually runs about 3-4 cents cheaper than the next cheapest place around.

Taz

Originally posted by Ponytail
I go to that Giant too, but not for teh coupons. The eye candy is much better too.

:yeahthat:

Same difference as shopping Target vice K-Mart.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Ponytail
I go to that Giant too, but not for teh coupons. They have a better selection and carry stuff that I can't find at Food Lion. The eye candy is much better too.

I can't believe Lusby is getting another Food Lion. That's ridiculous. I guess another CVS will go in there too then.

You just set yourself up with that one. Don't think we don't remember your friend from the grocery store there pretty boy. :biggrin:

Ponytail

Originally posted by pixiegirl
You just set yourself up with that one. Don't think we don't remember your friend from the grocery store there pretty boy. :biggrin:

Oh yea! That was Food Lion. And yet ANOTHER reason not to go there.