Accokeek Racing Deaths: Chronological Report

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Forum member White40GMC reports the Accokeek tragedy as it happened along with some good insight to the problem. Summarized in chronological order for ease of reading:

03:36 AM: Route 210/Beretta Drive, Charles County Paramedic Ambulance 11 enroute back to Charles County from Fort Washington Hospital first on scene reporting bodies all over Route 210. As of right now 3:31am, there are 6-9 Priority 4's (Fatal), 3 Priority 1's (Serious, Life Threatening also 2 of them have Lower Body Amputations, and 2 Priority 2's.. Units from Accokeek (Engine 824, Ambulance 824), Bryans Road (Rescue Engine 113, Paramedic Ambulance 119, Chief 11), Allentown Road (Ambulance 832, Chief 832A, Engine 847, Medic 847), Clinton (Medic 825), MSP Trooper 2 and Trooper 8, US Park Police Eagle 2, Capital Heights (Mass Casualty Support Unit 805), EMS 814, Battalion Chief 805 (PGFD), PGPD, MSP, Charles County Sheriffs Office... will post more as I hear it!!!

04:03 AM: Special Alarm, Charles County Special Unit 9 (Indian Head) Squad 7 (Potomac Heights), Operations confirmed 7 Priority 4's, 1 Pt tx by Trooper 2 to Medstar, 2 Pt by Eagle 2 and 1 member from 47 to Suburban Hospital, 2 Pt by Trooper 8 to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Baltimore... Also Engine 847 adv Medical Emergency unrelated to accident scene, south of accident, Paramedic Ambulance 805 will handle from transfer to Station 47

04:05 AM: Total of 12 patients.

04:49 AM: Command requesting all PG County units to go to Station 24 for a de-briefing, all Charles County units will return to Station 11 for their County De-briefing team, also Command requesting one additional ambulance (Potomac Heights), to stage on scene, in case of medical emergency, parents are showing up on scene, also there was a mix of teenagers and adults involved in the accident, also specialed Bryans Road Truck 11 for lights.

09:39 AM: Here is to everyone reading this, the call came in to Prince George's County Public Safety Communications around 03:15 hours this morning, as of 3:31 am when I had first wrote on this page, all the mayhem was just getting started as of calling victims or possible patients. Policy is that authorities shouldn't tell how old the victims are until notifications of the parents, but there was at least one female victim under the age of 16 who was one of the Priority 1 patients and another victim in his early 30's, transported by the same helicopter to Suburban Hospital.

09:56 AM: Need to CONFIRM some information, news reporting 7 dead 4 injured, well it is 7 dead 5 injured and flown out to local Trauma Centers, also Ambulances were called back to the scene, for victims family members passing out and going unconscious this morning, unsure if any were transported but I did fall back asleep. 1 Patient was flown to Medstar, 2 Patients flown to Suburban Hospital and 2 Patients flown to University of Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore.

09:58 AM: Command was held by Battalion Chief 805 (C-shift), Operations was Charles County Chief 11B, Triage was Medic 847 (they ended up flying out on the helicopters), Transport was EMS 814, Landing Site was Engine 847.

10:12 AM: I see these teenage punks who buy old county and state cop cars all the time around here, they still have the little antennas up on the trunk, windows tinted and fly up and down 301 and 5 all the time acting like cops, I have called State Police about some vehicles that look exactly like State Police Crown Victorias before and they have been caught impersonating a police officer. This is probably what happened, some teenager or adult male, saw this happening, thought it was funny to act like a cop and raced along with the other cars, and next thing u know it happened.

10:15 AM: oh and dont forget the tractor trailer and another black car, bodies were all over and I MEAN ALL OVER 210 this morning, as reported by Ambulance 824 (Accokeek) arriving on the scene!