ACLU Needs to STFU again

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
BATON ROUGE, La. - A civil rights group filed court papers Thursday demanding access to the New Orleans city jail to investigate allegations that inmates were abandoned for days after Hurricane Katrina, without food or drinking water, in chest-high floodwaters with floating corpses.

It took three days to evacuate more than 6,000 inmates from the lockup after the storm hit Aug. 29, prison authorities have said. The prisoners are now being held at 38 state and local lockups around Louisiana.

The American Civil Liberties Union's court filings demand information about where each prisoner is locked up. The group also wants the sheriff's office to halt any cleanup at the jail because it could destroy evidence that prisoners were left standing in bacteria- and petroleum-laden floodwater.

A spokeswoman for Sheriff Marlin Gusman said in an e-mail that the sheriff had not yet been served with the papers.

Gusman has acknowledged that a loss of electricity plunged the jail into darkness, with no electricity or working toilets, creating an oppressive, foul-smelling atmosphere.

But he has denied inmates' most shocking accusations: that corpses were floating through the facility and some prisoners went for days without food and water. He said prisoners, his staff and their families had food from the prison, plus MREs supplied by the military.

The ACLU was named counsel for all the jail's inmates under a 1994 federal consent decree mandating heath and environmental standards.

A disaster happened which had most the city underwater and regular citizens even trapped for more days than the 3... but, we want to sue the prison system for the criminal interests over abnormal conditions created by a federally recognized distaster.. STFU ACLU!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's amusing to note that the ACLU only represents criminals, flag-burners, pedophiles and kids who want to wear obscenities on their clothing to school.

You never see them go to bat for the guy who's been forced by his city to take down his religious display.

You never see them defend a child's right to play in their yard without being accosted by a guy who just got out of jail for rape.

They stick up for terrorists, but not the people they've killed.

Why this group has any power or credence is just beyond me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Beyond you...

Why this group has any power or credence is just beyond me.

"Better 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished"

Inflation.

"Better all the guilty go free than one innocent be punished."

All guilty people?

"Aye!"

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
kwillia said:
May they all be forced to drink milk from an unlabeled carton...:burning:

Oh, but that would be cruel and unusual punishment and then they'd get mad and sue us.... oh wait..... :jet:

B

Bruzilla

I swear that the biggest mistake any of the governments made was not hiring the floating corpses to provide disaster relief!!! Those guys and gals were friggin EVERYWHERE. They were the first to the Superdome, the first to the pumps, they made it to the jails, to the schools, to every neighborhood, hospital, and rumor mill. Nobody knows where they went to after the body collection started, but by God they sure were seen by everybody and their brother within the first hours of the disaster. If the floating corpses could get everywhere, why couldn't FEMA?

I just wish they wouldn't have vanished into thin air before they could be recognized for their efforts.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Bruzilla said:
I swear that the biggest mistake any of the governments made was not hiring the floating corpses to provide disaster relief!!! Those guys and gals were friggin EVERYWHERE. They were the first to the Superdome, the first to the pumps, they made it to the jails, to the schools, to every neighborhood, hospital, and rumor mill. Nobody knows where they went to after the body collection started, but by God they sure were seen by everybody and their brother within the first hours of the disaster. If the floating corpses could get everywhere, why couldn't FEMA?

I just wish they wouldn't have vanished into thin air before they could be recognized for their efforts.
Oh my... :lmao:

RiverBunny

Bruzilla said:

You are funny!!! :lmao: