Acorns

Lilypad

My Willow Oaks were the only trees w/acorns this year, very small lil things. I had tons of hickory nuts though.

buddscreek

Not one. Dog is very disappointed by the lack of squirrels to chase around. Somebody told me insects (Cicadas?) ate the ends off the the branches. I did see a lot of tips on the ground this year.

it was the green inch worms in the spring. they ate most of the buds.
the deer and squirrels had a feast in my corn.

Justme2

Well, Sort of SO FRICKING WHAT!

After reading that the animal is lacking a food source and getting hit by careless drivers is sad to hear to become road kill.

Them fricking Oak trees where I used to lived sucked. Not only where there a couple of them around and produced alot of of Acorns.

I brought a new car last year had it 29 days THUNK! I was sitting at my desk I Just knew what happened a dead branch at the very top of the big fricking tree. Not a very big branch but just enough to dent the hood.

You bet I was fricking calling that tree everything in the book of cuss words I could think of and since I wrote the book and even threatened to cut the fricking tree down. 2 months later I got hit in the head with an Acorn on a windy day and then I seen them like hail size dents all over the top surfaces of the car.:cds::cds::cds::cds::cds: RANT RANT RANT RANT:1bdz::1bdz:

Needless to say I moved from there. :bigwhoop::bigwhoop::yahoo::yahoo:

Nope, none. Ok by me, I hate picking those things up. Usually get 2 garbage cans full just from the driveway.
My deer and squirrels appreciate your labor. They stripped the ground bare where I dumped them last year.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I got rid of the trees that made a mess in the driveway, but the side hill is still covered with them. Makes it fun trying to cut the grass on a very steep incline. My neighbor has this acorn-picker-upper thing and he's been out there all week scarfing acorns off his lawn.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I got rid of the trees that made a mess in the driveway, but the side hill is still covered with them. Makes it fun trying to cut the grass on a very steep incline. My neighbor has this acorn-picker-upper thing and he's been out there all week scarfing acorns off his lawn.
I have never heard of such a thing.

Grumpy

My previous house had a half dozen huge oaks. Think it was the last year we were there when there was a huge bumper crop of acorns, my concrete patio in back of my house was covered in like 3 inches of huge acorns. Previous years were less than half of that year.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Isn't that supposed to signify a harsh winter?
As much as a wooley bear caterpillar does... Also has something to do with growing conditions, whether or not it is more likely that an acorn will survive and germinate, like a wet spring/early summer.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My previous house had a half dozen huge oaks. Think it was the last year we were there when there was a huge bumper crop of acorns, my concrete patio in back of my house was covered in like 3 inches of huge acorns. Previous years were less than half of that year.
I have 7 big trees in the front yard and have 5 in the back, not counting the ones in the woods. Used to be 8 in back, until a couple of storms knocked out 3 of them. :lol: