Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another When Prop-Gun 'Misfires'

black dog

Free America
And then there is, of course, the Glock that will go off all by itself just by looking at it.
There are vast stories of Glocks sitting on tables and suddenly spinning and shooting the owner or the person sitting at the table.
Sometimes firing twice in LE locker rooms, thats called a double dog locker room pop pop.

GregV814

it'll soon be forgotten.
remember when Rob Lowe killed his girlfriend during kinky sex in Central Park???

No?
Point made

PJay

Clem72

Why does this keep happening? They can add the sound effects post production.

I think the counterpoint to that is out of the thousands and thousands (millions?) of times a gun has been fired in a movie or TV show, there has been what 3 incidents? So it sounds like by and large they have a good process.

Or are you one of those guys that thinks .01% chance of dying from Covid means its basically harmless, but 0.0001% deaths from movie prop guns is just unacceptable?

PeoplesElbow

I think the counterpoint to that is out of the thousands and thousands (millions?) of times a gun has been fired in a movie or TV show, there has been what 3 incidents? So it sounds like by and large they have a good process.

Or are you one of those guys that thinks .01% chance of dying from Covid means its basically harmless, but 0.0001% deaths from movie prop guns is just unacceptable?
This isn't a case of a rare accident like falling down the stairs, this is someone with a safety critical job not doing it properly.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This isn't a case of a rare accident like falling down the stairs, this is someone with a safety critical job not doing it properly.
Stories are saying that the union crews left hours before due to a dispute of some sort before this happened. I wonder if someone had a beef with him and put in a live round.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Stories are saying that the union crews left hours before due to a dispute of some sort before this happened. I wonder if someone had a beef with him and put in a live round.
Well, on TV they talk about getting finger prints off of shell casings. If true and somebody loaded a live round in the gun, they better have been wearing gloves.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Doesn't matter. Baldwin had the responsibility, when in possession of a firearm, to confirm if it was loaded, or not, and if loaded, with the proper blanks, and as well, not to point the weapon at anyone. He's supposed to be a professional actor with decades of experience. He has no excuse or defense.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just saw that on the news.
Apparently there were 2 other "accidental" firings in the past 2 weeks. The crew tried to express their fear which was brushed off by the producers. As a result, the crew walked off, so non-union members were brought in to replace people that were supposed to provide the gun safety.

The issue of safety had been brought up multiple times.