Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another When Prop-Gun 'Misfires'

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Stories are saying that the union crews left hours before due to a dispute of some sort before this happened. I wonder if someone had a beef with him and put in a live round.
Maybe less with him specifically, and more, "Well, they won't listen, so I'll show them..." when their complaints weren't heard.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just saw that on the news.
Apparently there were 2 other "accidental" firings in the past 2 weeks. The crew tried to express their fear which was brushed off by the producers. As a result, the crew walked off, so non-union members were brought in to replace people that were supposed to provide the gun safety.

The issue of safety had been brought up multiple times.
That's not good.

GregV814

I think the counterpoint to that is out of the thousands and thousands (millions?) of times a gun has been fired in a movie or TV show, there has been what 3 incidents? So it sounds like by and large they have a good process.

Or are you one of those guys that thinks .01% chance of dying from Covid means its basically harmless, but 0.0001% deaths from movie prop guns is just unacceptable?
oh look!!! Clementine is trying to make a salient point!!! How he/she has grown...Just like a baby trying to walk!!!

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Doesn't matter. Baldwin had the responsibility, when in possession of a firearm, to confirm if it was loaded, or not, and if loaded, with the proper blanks, and as well, not to point the weapon at anyone. He's supposed to be a professional actor with decades of experience. He has no excuse or defense.
He is a huge douche, I'm sure he thinks that's a job for "those people".

Ive met a film crew, the only actor they talked about was Josh Brolin, they couldn't say enough good things about him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the counterpoint to that is out of the thousands and thousands (millions?) of times a gun has been fired in a movie or TV show, there has been what 3 incidents? So it sounds like by and large they have a good process.

Now you're just being no fun :lol:

They were all over the news today wailing about this and one - ONE! - voice of reason pointed out that one incident out of like 8 zillion is a pretty good track record. And of course the response to that is "One is one too many! :drama: " So whaddaya gonna do......

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is a huge douche, I'm sure he thinks that's a job for "those people".

Ugh, I hate everyone for making me stick up for Alec Baldwin. :mad:

It is a job for those people. The screwup wasn't Baldwin's, it's the fault of the prop guy because that's his job.

Baldwin is still a huge douche, though.

Reactions: BOP

black dog

Free America
This isn't a case of a rare accident like falling down the stairs, this is someone with a safety critical job not doing it properly.

The someone should be Alex, he had control of the loaded firearm... When handed the firearm he should have checked it. If he didnt understand what knowledge checking gives someone, he needed more safety handeling education.
One of the major rules of firearm handling was broken, someone hands you a firearm you instantly check to see if its loaded. You can hand it back to that person or someone else and you open it and hand it to them and they instantly check it for themselves.
It can go around in a circle all day and the safety checks should stay the same.

I have walked out of many gun stores and ranges over poor or non-existent firearm handling.
A few in St Marys...

black dog

Free America

It is a job for those people. The screwup wasn't Baldwin's, it's the fault of the prop guy because that's his job.

Wrong....
If I hand you a handgun and tell you its empty are you going to believe me and stick it in your ear and pull the trigger?

I bet not... Thats a fools game...

PeoplesElbow

The someone should be Alex, he had control of the loaded firearm... When handed the firearm he should have checked it. If he didnt understand what knowledge checking gives someone, he needed more safety handeling education.
One of the major rules of firearm handling was broken, someone hands you a firearm you instantly check to see if its loaded. You can hand it back to that person or someone else and you open it and hand it to them and they instantly check it for themselves.
It can go around in a circle all day and the safety checks should stay the same.

I have walked out of many gun stores and ranges over poor or non-existent firearm handling.
A few in St Marys...
I have handled firearms in a court of law and they are laid out for the often completely ignorant jurors btw. They did have zip ties through the slide and barrel of the semiautomatic handguns, and the barrel of a revolver, don't remember how the rifle was secured.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Prop swords have dulled edges, and tips. But if someone wanted, could easily thrust it though someone's chest, abdomen. What stops an actor from doing that? Logic. Aka, common sense; tells the person not to try to spear someone with a dulled movie prop sword because it can still penetrate an individual. Is the "prop guy" responsible for that as well if an actor does this? Again, Baldwin has 41 years of acting experience. He should damn well know how to properly and safely handle a "prop" firearm on a film production set since, as well, he's been a director and producer of movies and shows previously.

black dog

Free America
I have handled firearms in a court of law and they are laid out for the often completely ignorant jurors btw. They did have zip ties through the slide and barrel of the semiautomatic handguns, and the barrel of a revolver, don't remember how the rifle was secured.
:yay:
A zip-tie is an industry standard that usually two people verified that firearm was unloaded at the time the zip-tie was pushed through the barrel and secured with action open. A rifle can be zipped through the action and out the mag well or to hold the bolt open ect ect.

You tend to see that most often at gun shows.
It replaces having the correct chamber flags and one has to cut the zip-tie to load the firearm.

PJay

Same firm that represents the Clintons.

"The husband of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by actor Alec Baldwin with a prop gun on Thursday, is a corporate lawyer in Latham & Watkins' Los Angeles office."

PeoplesElbow

:yay:
A zip-tie is an industry standard that usually two people verified that firearm was unloaded at the time the zip-tie was pushed through the barrel and secured with action open. A rifle can be zipped through the action and out the mag well or to hold the bolt open ect ect.

You tend to see that most often at gun shows.
It replaces having the correct chamber flags and one has to cut the zip-tie to load the firearm.
I didn't have a lot of faith in the safety of those weapons, they made sure to tell us they accidently discharged one when gathering the evidence.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Halyna Hutchins' husband Matthew is an attorney with the Los Angeles firm, Latham & Watkins. According to his LinkedIn page, he graduated from Harvard Law School and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Southern California. Who is Halyna Hutchins' husband Matthew? (the-sun.com)

Sussmann’s lawyers, Sean Berkowitz and Michael Bosworth of Latham & Watkins, in a statement said, “Michael Sussmann was indicted today
Durham probe: Alleged Clinton campaign advisor Michael Sussmann charged (cnbc.com)

coincidence??? maybe but I am always amazed and how all these leftist circle back to each other.

Latham & Watkins - Wikipedia

Alec Baldwin shooting victim was wife of Latham & Watkins lawyer | Reuters

Oh yeah - it is a big club and we are not in it. :dork:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So do we know yet if this was blank shrapnel or live ammo? And do we know why he was aiming at the cinematographer?

PJay

😳
"Alec Baldwin shot a woman who grew up in Murmansk on a Soviet base in the Arctic Circle “surrounded by nuclear submarines”

Meanwhile:

Alec Baldwin starred in the film, The Hunt for Red October, wherein he helps hunt down a Russian nuclear submarine that was originally docked in Murmansk on a Soviet base in the Arctic Circle."