Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another When Prop-Gun 'Misfires'

BOP

Ugh, I hate everyone for making me stick up for Alec Baldwin. :mad:

It is a job for those people. The screwup wasn't Baldwin's, it's the fault of the prop guy because that's his job.

Baldwin is still a huge douche, though.
Well, that, and it's Baldwin's job to practice trigger discipline, even with what he believes is a "prop" gun.

PeoplesElbow

From this story some guy (or gal) that didn't really know if the gun was safe handed it to Alec and told him it was safe. That is a disaster waiting to happen. This is a poor safety protocol or one that wasn't followed at all.

When I get into a cockpit of an aircraft with an ejection seat, even though its someone else's job to make it safe, it is my job to verify that it is actually safe befre i touch it. I have to renew this training every six months to be able to get in the cockpit.

There is a reason tools have to be checked multiple times when completing a job in the navy.

Last edited:

PJay

😳
"Alec Baldwin shot a woman who grew up in Murmansk on a Soviet base in the Arctic Circle “surrounded by nuclear submarines”

Meanwhile:

Alec Baldwin starred in the film, The Hunt for Red October, wherein he helps hunt down a Russian nuclear submarine that was originally docked in Murmansk on a Soviet base in the Arctic Circle."

Hutchins was born in 1979[7] in Horodets, Zhytomyr Oblast, USSR, but grew up in the Russian city of Murmansk,[2] on a Soviet military base in the Arctic,[2][8] where her father served in the Soviet Navy.[9] She called herself an "army brat".[8] According to film historian Jim Hemphill, she first became interested in film while living at the military base.[10] She attended National Agricultural University[2] and then Kyiv National University, first studying economics before changing her study to journalism.[11] Hutchins graduated there with a degree in international journalism, and worked on documentary films as an investigative journalist in Eastern Europe.[12][13][14] She met her husband Matthew,[15] who is American, while in Kyiv.[16] They had a son.[15]

Was she a spy, and someone wanted her gone.. dunno, but the more you search this is really creepy......

PJay

NBC article providing cover for Baldwin made a bizarre reference to Hunt for Red October

"If you swap out the idea of guns on a set for something else, though, the relative responsibility between the actor and the crew becomes clearer. Consider one of Baldwin’s other films, “The Hunt for Red October,” a thriller about nuclear submarines. Imagine the script called for an actor on the set of the submarine’s bridge to push a red button. But instead of prop missiles on the submarine, a crew member thought it would be more realistic to use actual Soviet-era SS-20 ballistic missiles connected to that red button. When the actor pushes the button, he’s shocked when it actually launches the missiles, causing catastrophic harm."