"Actors are pretty stupid."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the comments:

Ronald Reagan was an actor, and he ended up being a pretty good president. But, unlike 99% of today's celebrities, he didn't bow to peer pressure, and wasn't afraid to voice his own views. Like all of us, he wasn't perfect, but he was sure a breed apart from today's brainwashed celebritards.

Reagan wasn't a great intellectual, either. He succeeded because he kept it simple and achievable, and surrounded himself with top notch political players and speech writers. I think we all understand that Reagan was a spokesperson for the committee that actually ran the government.

Which is certainly not to knock him - not at all. After Watergate and the disaster that was Carter, America needed a kindly grandfather to hug us and restore our confidence. "Everything's gonna be alright, little pootercake." When he says he knew nothing about Iran-Contra, I tend to believe him. He probably wasn't overly involved in most of what went on in his 8 years.

Grumpy

Reagan wasn't a great intellectual, either. He succeeded because he kept it simple and achievable, and surrounded himself with top notch political players and speech writers. I think we all understand that Reagan was a spokesperson for the committee that actually ran the government.
:yeahthat:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

From the comments:

Ronald Reagan was an actor, and he ended up being a pretty good president. But, unlike 99% of today's celebrities, he didn't bow to peer pressure, and wasn't afraid to voice his own views. Like all of us, he wasn't perfect, but he was sure a breed apart from today's brainwashed celebritards.

Which is certainly not to knock him - not at all. After Watergate and the disaster that was Carter, America needed a kindly grandfather to hug us and restore our confidence. "Everything's gonna be alright, little pootercake." When he says he knew nothing about Iran-Contra, I tend to believe him. He probably wasn't overly involved in most of what went on in his 8 years.
I think, while he had an America first, people first, mindset; when he was at the podium he was in acting mode. As well as while in campaigning. Acting was integral in his life, trained him, and allowed him to advance where others faltered due to appearance and poise, and speech. That, and back then everyone knew who he was by watching TV or going to the movies. He always played likable, and affable characters. But you can bet he knew of Iran-Contra. That's like saying Obama didn't know about Fast & Furious. When you are at the top, you get briefed on everything.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't have to know how to build an airplane, I just have to manage the the guys that do
Know your limitations and know who the smart people are.
So many politicians (particularly liberals) believe they are smarter than everyone else, They are THEN encyclopedia of knowledge from A through Z.
I think being an idiot is the only class they took in law school. and they passed with flying colors.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Know your limitations and know who the smart people are.
So many politicians (particularly liberals) believe they are smarter than everyone else, They are THEN encyclopedia of knowledge from A through Z.
I think being an idiot is the only class they took in law school. and they passed with flying colors.

And what's more, the Left tend to enjoy kept pet status and want their leaders to be omniscient and even divine. They literally worship their leaders, which is why they think Trump supporters do the same with him. They also think Trump takes credit for everything, the way Barry did, although Trump is on record about 8 million times giving credit where it's due.