Adam "Pacman" Jones A Distraction?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
SportsCenter.com

Reportedly, Dallas owner Jerry Jones has hired a detail of 4 bodyguards, to ensure that this man stays out of nightclubs, strip joints and other kinds of seamy places, so he won't get himself into trouble. One of them is in contact with the player - Jones - 24 hours a day, to provide protection for him, and also keep him in line.

I guess THAT didn't work out too well; he got into a brawl with one of them.

Jones was out drinking and partying, supposedly until 1:30am, hours before he was scheduled to attend a team training session the next morning - at 7:30am!

Makes you wonder how much longer Jerry Jones is going to put up with his shenanigans?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Why do they treat this guy like he is so special? GD just be done with him, he isn't even that good.

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
Why do they treat this guy like he is so special? GD just be done with him, he isn't even that good.

I agree, he isn't that good.... to be making this kind of fuss.. I was watching PTI the other day and they reminded me that he only has 4 career INTs. I is a good corner, but he isn't that good........

On an unrelated note... Why does the media still refer to him as "PACMAN" I thought he said he wanted them to call him "ADAM".. Usually, when a player asked to be called by a different name, they honor is request.. It seems to me that they still refer to him as PACMAN... I wonder why??

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I agree, he isn't that good.... to be making this kind of fuss.. I was watching PTI the other day and they reminded me that he only has 4 career INTs. I is a good corner, but he isn't that good........

On an unrelated note... Why does the media still refer to him as "PACMAN" I thought he said he wanted them to call him "ADAM".. Usually, when a player asked to be called by a different name, they honor is request.. It seems to me that they still refer to him as PACMAN... I wonder why??

Probably because he is a joke.

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
Probably because he is a joke.

Yeah, but there are a lot of people who were jokes... there was the guy who wanted to be called "Jay Williams" vs Jason because of the association w/ the killer who used to play for the Nets...

Then there was the other Basketball player who changed his name to something totally different.... I'm just curious why they still refer to this guy as Pacman???? Just something I've been thinking about....

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Yeah, but there are a lot of people who were jokes... there was the guy who wanted to be called "Jay Williams" vs Jason because of the association w/ the killer who used to play for the Nets...

Then there was the other Basketball player who changed his name to something totally different.... I'm just curious why they still refer to this guy as Pacman???? Just something I've been thinking about....

Because he is a douche and they want to piss him off? :shrug:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Because he is a douche and they want to piss him off? :shrug:

Speaking of which, there was a black fellow on ESPN yesterday, who, during a discussion of this matter, referred to Adam Jones as "TuPac Jones", when he was going off on this guy's history concerning brushes with the law enforcement type folks.

There are, apparently 13 issues where he has been either reprimanded or taken into custody, in the last 3 or so years, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, etc.