Adopt from a Rescue, make room to save more...

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
If you are looking to adopt an animal, be it dog or cat or even a rabbit, please check your local rescues. These rescue groups pull the animals from the shelter or take owner surrenders to keep them from death row at the shelter, but every dog we have in rescue that isn't adopted takes up room, keeping us from helping other dogs.

The other way to really help rescue and save dogs/cats from being killed at the shelter is to be a foster home, opening your home to these wonderful animals and being their "bridge" from their old life to their new life.

Local organizations:

Lucky Ones

Second Hope Rescue

Happy Cats

AARF

SMAWL

CAWL

Humane Society of Calvert County

Golden Retriever Rescue of Southern Maryland

Bunny Magic

The Thelma Foundation

Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue

Pets with Disabilities

Throwaways Rescue

Doodle Dawgs and Fabulous Felines

Humane Society of Charles County

Beagle Rescue of Southern Maryland

Tri County Animal Shelter

Petfinder

Prince George's Animal Management

Lab Rescue of LRCP

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
krazd_kat said:
If you are looking to adopt an animal, be it dog or cat or even a rabbit, please check your local rescues. These rescue groups pull the animals from the shelter or take owner surrenders to keep them from death row at the shelter, but every dog we have in rescue that isn't adopted takes up room, keeping us from helping other dogs.

The other way to really help rescue and save dogs/cats from being killed at the shelter is to be a foster home, opening your home to these wonderful animals and being their "bridge" from their old life to their new life.

Local organizations:

Second Hope Rescue

I just love Ella!

I think Vrai should make this a "sticky" so that it's always an easily accessible thread for anyone that stumbles into this forum.

Cowgirl

kwillia said:
I think Vrai should make this a "sticky" so that it's always an easily accessible thread for anyone that stumbles into this forum.

I nominate Kwillia as the honorary "Thread Bumper" for this thread. Kwill, you'll have to bump it at least every other day. :flowers:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Hubby told me this am I have to place all 3 of the small dogs :bawl: or he will kill them..I hope he gets over this...

Cowgirl said:
I nominate Kwillia as the honorary "Thread Bumper" for this thread. Kwill, you'll have to bump it at least every other day. :flowers:
Now I am really, really, really gonna petition Vrai to make this a sticky. :lol:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Pasofever said:
Hubby told me this am I have to place all 3 of the small dogs :bawl: or he will kill them..I hope he gets over this...

Do you have a proper burial place for the hubby? If not, I have have extra property.

baileydog said:
Do you have a proper burial place for the hubby? If not, I have have extra property.
See... this was my immediate line of thinking as well... I'm researching local "turtle ponds" for Paso this very moment.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pasofever said:

But he will let you keep the Boxers :confused:

and..I should say that I would take Libby in a nansecond but she and Abbey wouldn't get along. They are both way too alpha.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
cattitude said:
But he will let you keep the Boxers :confused:

and..I should say that I would take Libby in a nansecond but she and Abbey wouldn't get along. They are both way too alpha.

Libby is headed to NJ today with a man that got a puppy from us 6 yrs ago..he wanted a friend for him so I offered him Libby...he is coming today..Yep Libby is a scrapper for sure...I am just really stressed right now..I cant deal with this..

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Pasofever said:
Libby is headed to NJ today with a man that got a puppy from us 6 yrs ago..he wanted a friend for him so I offered him Libby...he is coming today..Yep Libby is a scrapper for sure...I am just really stressed right now..I cant deal with this..

Paso, Im so sorry, were you serious about your man making you get rid of your pets? And hes getting away with that? Everytime my hubby joked no more cats, I got another one, got 4 now. No more jokes. Tell him no, you wont get rid of them.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
baileydog said:
Paso, Im so sorry, were you serious about your man making you get rid of your pets? And hes getting away with that? Everytime my hubby joked no more cats, I got another one, got 4 now. No more jokes. Tell him no, you wont get rid of them.

He is really mean if I do not listen to him he will hurt something I like...most likely and animal or a possesion..I do not stand up to him..matter of fact I get a sick stomach and diarrhea if he just walks into the room at times..

Cowgirl

Pasofever said:
He is really mean if I do not listen to him he will hurt something I like...most likely and animal or a possesion..I do not stand up to him..matter of fact I get a sick stomach and diarrhea if he just walks into the room at times..

:yikes: I thought you were joking. My BF makes jokes about wanting to throw my animals outside, but I know he's just joking and would never ever do it.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I do not know you Paso, so Im really sorry to get all up in your business, but seriously, I have land. OMG, hugs to you. If anyone, expesially my husband, but ANYONE hurts one of my pets or even threathens to, I promise something bad to come your way. Is it possible to get away from him. No one needs to live like that, to where your sick to be in your own home. I think we should start a Paso fund to have the sh!t kicked out of hubby. I got the first 10.00. Never mind that, Ill bring the shovel, you bring hubby.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I would move in a minute if I found a place for me and my animals and mom..house or tailer would work..I have have access to a little money..