Adult lessons near Owings, MD?

javgag

Hello, I am new to the area and looking to take lessons somewhere near Owings, MD.
Nothing competitive, just basic adult English.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

javgag

Lockhaven or Harmony Ridge?

thanks,

does anyone know if Lockhaven Ranch in Sunderland or Harmony Ridge Stable in Friendship currently offer lessons? I can't get anyone to respond to my messages at either location......

JCStar

I'm not sure about Harmony Ridge - they do have a junior show team, and I had heard they may start an adult team - this said, I don't know about adult lessons.

Willowbend in Upper Marlboro has lessons - and they are great people. Also, Tina Emmerick at Oak Crest farm in Lothian has adult lessons and a whole bunch of super wonderful equine ladies (I used to ride on their adult team!:howdy:). Her lessons are all group lessons - but very reasonably priced at $25 for a half an hour. Lots of fun - and great way to meet new people in a very social barn.

If you were more interested in private lessons - my barn, Lucky Cricket in Huntingtown offers balanced seat equitation lessons. Very good, personalized lessons. They run $30 for 30 minute private.

Hope this helps!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Lucky Cricket charges a horse usage fee if you're not using your own horse and a ring usage/trailer in fee if you are using your own horse but, you don't board there.

On School Horse
Hour Lesson $90
1/2 Hour Lesson $45

On Your Own Horse
Hour Lesson $60
1/2 Hour Lesson $30

Lucky Cricket Farm Lessons

If you have your own horse/trailer my favorite trainer in the area is Ray Wheeler located down Polling House Rd in Harwood.

Or, a little farther South in St. Leonard is Marcia Kane (hunter) who is also excellent. She may have school horses available, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

JCStar

Yikes - thanks I had forgotten about the ring fee and trailer fee at Lucky Cricket. Sorry - I board there so lessons are $30 for me. Sorry for the mis-information! I also plan to trailer out this spring and maybe this winter - Marcia Kane who has given my daughter a lesson. She is down in St. Leonard.