Advice I have been given

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
No probs. It's a very strange situation. Did I forget to mention she was supposed to be a bridesmaid in our wedding, too?

But see?! That's the thing - you never know how or when or even why the timing is right to meet someone!

When people connect and it works - that's a good thing! I really believe the saying that everyone comes into your life for a reason. To be a lesson or a blessing!

I'm excited for you! :huggy:

KingFish

Nothing to see here
By well meaning friends. Feel free to interpret as you see fit.

"Try meeting less intimidating women"

The comes from a a close, long time friend. Who along with another friend expressed the opinion that I was not "their type".
"Well there is no real physical attraction."

I love my support group.
They keep me real.

That and, maybe you should go to the senior center to meet people. That was 10 years ago.
I thinking now it should be the cemetery?

Add advice you have been given or commentary.
Sounds like you have the same friends giving advice as Job did in his day.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Must be the RBF.

PeoplesElbow

:yay: You can meet people in everyday life!

I might not give out my number the first time someone talks to me in the grocery store. BUT, if that guy saw me one week and made a point of trying to see me there again* -and talked to me - THEN I might be inclined.

If you really want to meet her - work it into the conversation to innocently inquire if she shops there a lot. (a variation of the old..."do you come here often?" line. :lmao: )

:biggrin:
How do you do that without sounding like a stalker?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
How do you do that without sounding like a stalker?
"Do you shop here a lot? Do you know where "x,y,z product" is?" then just add to the conversation by saying "I never can find what I'm looking for" ...or something similar. Not everybody is open to a conversation in the grocery store, but some people are! I don't think it would come across like stalking.

OF course, I wouldn't recommend talking about weird shaped vegetables and/or fruits to her until you get to know her a little bit better! :jet: :killingme

PeoplesElbow

"Do you shop here a lot? Do you know where "x,y,z product" is?" then just add to the conversation by saying "I never can find what I'm looking for" ...or something similar. Not everybody is open to a conversation in the grocery store, but some people are! I don't think it would come across like stalking.

OF course, I wouldn't recommend talking about weird shaped vegetables and/or fruits to her until you get to know her a little bit better! :jet: :killingme
So shaking a butternut squash and saying does this look like a penis and testicles to you wouldn't work?