Affidavit: $90,000 found in congressman's freezer

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/21/jefferson.search/index.html

CNN said:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Federal agents searched the Capitol Hill office of a Louisiana congressman under investigation on bribery charges Sunday, while newly released court papers said agents found $90,000 in cash last year in his Washington home.

In a 95-page affidavit used to obtain a warrant for the office search, investigators stated that an August 2005 search of Democratic Rep. William Jefferson's home turned up the cash sum in a freezer.

That's cold hard cash.

Pete

Repete
SamSpade said:
Any bets on how little coverage this one will get?
:yeahthat: I find it UFB this guy has been caught red handed, on tape, with the money hidden in his freezer and it is not a big deal, BUT if Tom Delay breaks wind the press goes :jameo:

B

Bruzilla

What's even worse is the $100,000 was given to this scumbag to use as a bribe for a Nigerian government official. Since $10,000 of it was gone, and the rest was in the freezer, you gotta wonder if any of that money was going to make it to Nigeria.

willie

SamSpade said:
Any bets on how little coverage this one will get?
This guy should have been jailed long ago. I still don't understand how Mary Landrieu gets off the hook so often.

Pete

Repete
Bruzilla said:
What's even worse is the $100,000 was given to this scumbag to use as a bribe for a Nigerian government official. Since $10,000 of it was gone, and the rest was in the freezer, you gotta wonder if any of that money was going to make it to Nigeria.
Did you notice the date when they found the $90K in his freezer? AUGUST 3rd 2005 ! They are just now releasing that info in an affidavid to search his office 10 freaking months later?

What kind of :bs: is this?

Aide: "Holy crap congressman Jefferson, they found the bribe money in your freezer! We need to stay up all night and shred documents, get rid of files!"

Jefferson: "Calm down, we have 9 months to clean things"

Aide: "What about re-election, this could be bad?"

Jefferson: "If we keep it quiet it may not break that I took one hundred freaking thousand dollars until after I win re-election. By then it will not hurt me. Hell they re-elected that boob Nagin less than a year after Kartina they wont remember a bribe 2 years later."

Aide: " Good point"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
His defense...

Bruzilla said:

"Well, I thought all those 'hold my millions for me and keep some for yourself' e mails from African Princes' were just spam but, son of a gun..."

Toxick

Splat
Larry Gude said:
Washpost. Page one, top half this AM.

BAH!
Washington Post is a right-wing propaganda rag.

How much REAL coverage is this getting?

And where's Fox News in all of this??

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
My question is, if they found the money in HIS freezer at HIS home, why hasn't he been charged and how in the HE!! can he maintain he's innocent?? :confused:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
sushisamba said:
My question is, if they found the money in HIS freezer at HIS home, why hasn't he been charged and how in the HE!! can he maintain he's innocent?? :confused:
His illegal housekeeper put it there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sushisamba said:
My question is, if they found the money in HIS freezer at HIS home, why hasn't he been charged and how in the HE!! can he maintain he's innocent??
For the same reason Cynthia McKinney can assault a police officer and suffer no repurcussion other than a bit of bad press.

For the same reason Patrick Kennedy can get drunk, take a bunch of pills and crash into a barricade, and his "punishment" is receiving the endorsement of the Rhode Island Democratic Party four days later.

Any more questions?

B

Bruzilla

Larry Gude said:
"Well, I thought all those 'hold my millions for me and keep some for yourself' e mails from African Princes' were just spam but, son of a gun..."

Gee... when you put it that way... I almost want to support Jefferson!

Jefferson

Now dont go getting all upset. This guy is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and I am sure they will pinish him for embarrassing them.

They were very put out when Cynthia assaulted that LEO.
(Law Enforcement Officer)
Maxine gave her a stern talking to.
John Conyers threatened to take away her reparations.

He has already stated he has no intention of resigning, Well!! Why should he?
Dems dont resign when their hands are caught in the cookie jar.

Knowing Washington as I do ,I realise that they have a very short attention span there. For Iinstance when was the last time you heard any news of the McKinney investigation and charges? When was the last time you heard a report on the investigation of Patrick Kennedy.? The Dems know as do we that this too shall pass.

Its strange that Jefferson would keep his valuables in the freezer. Maybe I should put the gas for my lawn mower there.