After 15 years my program is shutting down

dolemite

Heartbreaking news that my job is shutting down my program after 15 years. I can't afford to be laid off anyone out there know of any Inventory Control management positions?

OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position within an organization where I can utilize my skills and gain further experience while enhancing the organizations productivity and reputation.

Experience Summary:

More than 15 years’ experience in inventory management and control. Knowledgeable of many diversified policies/procedures and documents utilized. Organizational skills, ability to identify/ resolve problems, plan, set goals, and establish priorities, for expeditious completion. Work well under pressure and accept responsibilities. Highly motivated independent self-starter. Ability to initiate new projects.

Employment History

05/2007-Present Supply Data Analyst
Sierra Management & Technologies, Inc., California, MD
10/04-05/07 Stanley Associates, Lexington Park, MD
10/01-8/03 CCI, Incorporated, Lexington Park, MD
10/98-10/01 RCI, Incorporated, Lexington Park, MD

• Collect and analyze data to evaluated operational difficulties
• Follow established modeling evaluation process to determine the effectiveness of current activities to determine problems.
• Provide training of program procedures and software tools.
• Conduct wall-to-wall inventory verifications of Sponsor Owned Material (SOM) located throughout NAS Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
• Travel to different Sponsor Owned Material (SOM) sites such as Jacksonville, FL, Granite City, IL, and San Diego, CA to conduct periodic spot checks of SOM material.
• Daily operation of organizing, review, and maintaining a Microsoft Access database and processed all aspects on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
• Perform data entry, data auditing, create data reports and monitor data for accuracy.
• Retrieve information such as part number, supplier, freight, packaging and characteristics data for an NSN from the Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS) database.
• Import/ Export Microsoft Access reports to create Excel spreadsheets

9/10-Present Cashier/Deli Clerk
The Gott Company, St. Leonard, MD

• Maintain a smile and friendly attitude toward customers
• Responsible for making cash, credit and debit cards transactions
• Maintain and sanitize a clean working area
• Prepare food to correct temperatures
• Greet all visitors and customers in a professional manner
• Abide by all business policies as stated in the worker Handbook

Education

• Thirty-One Credits towards an Undergraduate Degree; Business Administration
University of MD University College Adelphi, MD
• Defense Acquisitions University Washington, DC
• Great Mills High School, Graduate 1997

Software Skills

Microsoft Office 2007
Outlook
Power Point
Excel
Access
Word
Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS or FED LOG)

Training/Certifications/Awards

• Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management (ACQ 101)- 02/05
• Acquisition Logistics Fundamentals (LOG 101)- 02/05
• Microsoft Access Expert User- 02/08
• Microsoft Excel Expert User- 02/08
• Letter of Appreciation- 01/09
• 5 year award of appreciation- 05/12

Reference Furnished Upon Request

DEEKAYPEE8569

Heartbreaking news that my job is shutting down my program after 15 years. I can't afford to be laid off anyone out there know of any Inventory Control management positions?

OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position within an organization where I can utilize my skills and gain further experience while enhancing the organizations productivity and reputation.

Experience Summary:

More than 15 years’ experience in inventory management and control. Knowledgeable of many diversified policies/procedures and documents utilized. Organizational skills, ability to identify/ resolve problems, plan, set goals, and establish priorities, for expeditious completion. Work well under pressure and accept responsibilities. Highly motivated independent self-starter. Ability to initiate new projects.

Employment History

05/2007-Present Supply Data Analyst
Sierra Management & Technologies, Inc., California, MD
10/04-05/07 Stanley Associates, Lexington Park, MD
10/01-8/03 CCI, Incorporated, Lexington Park, MD
10/98-10/01 RCI, Incorporated, Lexington Park, MD

• Collect and analyze data to evaluated operational difficulties
• Follow established modeling evaluation process to determine the effectiveness of current activities to determine problems.
• Provide training of program procedures and software tools.
• Conduct wall-to-wall inventory verifications of Sponsor Owned Material (SOM) located throughout NAS Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
• Travel to different Sponsor Owned Material (SOM) sites such as Jacksonville, FL, Granite City, IL, and San Diego, CA to conduct periodic spot checks of SOM material.
• Daily operation of organizing, review, and maintaining a Microsoft Access database and processed all aspects on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
• Perform data entry, data auditing, create data reports and monitor data for accuracy.
• Retrieve information such as part number, supplier, freight, packaging and characteristics data for an NSN from the Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS) database.
• Import/ Export Microsoft Access reports to create Excel spreadsheets

9/10-Present Cashier/Deli Clerk
The Gott Company, St. Leonard, MD

• Maintain a smile and friendly attitude toward customers
• Responsible for making cash, credit and debit cards transactions
• Maintain and sanitize a clean working area
• Prepare food to correct temperatures
• Greet all visitors and customers in a professional manner
• Abide by all business policies as stated in the worker Handbook

Education

• Thirty-One Credits towards an Undergraduate Degree; Business Administration
University of MD University College Adelphi, MD
• Defense Acquisitions University Washington, DC
• Great Mills High School, Graduate 1997

Software Skills

Microsoft Office 2007
Outlook
Power Point
Excel
Access
Word
Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS or FED LOG)

Training/Certifications/Awards

• Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management (ACQ 101)- 02/05
• Acquisition Logistics Fundamentals (LOG 101)- 02/05
• Microsoft Access Expert User- 02/08
• Microsoft Excel Expert User- 02/08
• Letter of Appreciation- 01/09
• 5 year award of appreciation- 05/12

Reference Furnished Upon Request

Not trying to be a prick dolemite, but have you posted this resume' online?

onebdzee

off the shelf
Do you have a security Clearance?

I have a Secret clearance, a Bachelor of Arts in Business Admin with a minor in Operations Mgt (specializing in Logistics), and in June will have an MBA with a specialty in HR Management....

I also spent 20 years following around a Marine, which is not considered military experience, but I bet I learned more than I should have about the military....I've been looking for a new employer for WELL over 5 years and can't even get past the "thanks for applying to (fill in position here), if your credentials match our needs we will contact you" e-mails...I have been told it's because I have no military experience :ohwell:

What 'cha got??

dolemite

Can I make a few suggestions about your resume? My co-worker friends and and I just experienced a pretty large layoff in our company too and I got tapped with rewriting their resumes.

Just a thought for openers, take off the objective if that's what you have up front. Your objective is to get a job, that's why you dropped your resume off, it's a given and a waste of space. Go right for the summary and really punch it up - that's what everyone will see first and it will either grab their attention and encourage them to read on or put it on the bottom of the pile.

Maybe you could start with something like Highly motivated Supply Data Analyst with over 15 years of diversified experience in inventory management and control. Highly motivated is only something I grabbed from your words, there's a gazillion things you can substitute. I have other thoughts about your opener and if you're interested I'll get back to you with a completely rewritten paragraph...I really should be getting ready for work - I can goof off when I get there.

Dixie thanks I am open to any suggestions that'll get me a JOB!

C

czygvtwkr

Right now is tough, last year I knew a place that would have taken a serious look at your resume, they actually filled such a position just this past December. Hiring freeze and all....

sockgirl77

I have a Secret clearance, a Bachelor of Arts in Business Admin with a minor in Operations Mgt (specializing in Logistics), and in June will have an MBA with a specialty in HR Management....

I also spent 20 years following around a Marine, which is not considered military experience, but I bet I learned more than I should have about the military....I've been looking for a new employer for WELL over 5 years and can't even get past the "thanks for applying to (fill in position here), if your credentials match our needs we will contact you" e-mails...I have been told it's because I have no military experience :ohwell:

What 'cha got??

But you do have DoD experience, right? I'd imagine that's where you got your Secret clearance from. That should count for something.

You need to get your foot in the door somewhere. You need to be willing to accept less money. That BA and almost MBA doesn't always substitute work experience. :huggy:

MarieB

I'm almost certain I saw a similar position on indeed.com. If I see it again, I'll let you know.

Good luck.

Roman

What 'cha got??
Over qualified maybe?