Ah, its about time

glhs837

Power with Control
we punished felons with guns as harshly as they deserve..... Also, Tackle Box continues its tradition of not securing their damn weapons.

So, homeless dude walks behind the counter and grabs an AR, then walks out "concealing it in his clothing". Great effing work, TB. Fercrissakes, the tampons in CVS are harder to get to!!!!!!

Homeless jackwad then gives gun to another upstanding citizen. Guy with a history of armed robbery and assault. Now, back in 2019, this guy faced the exact same charge, felon in felony possession of a firearm. And he caught five years from Judge Stamm......... who then suspended all five years. Then WHAT WAS THE FREAKING POINT!!!!?

Deterrence, it only works if the punishment is a real punishment.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
we punished felons with guns as harshly as they deserve..... Also, Tackle Box continues its tradition of not securing their damn weapons.

So, homeless dude walks behind the counter and grabs an AR, then walks out "concealing it in his clothing". Great effing work, TB. Fercrissakes, the tampons in CVS are harder to get to!!!!!!

Homeless jackwad then gives gun to another upstanding citizen. Guy with a history of armed robbery and assault. Now, back in 2019, this guy faced the exact same charge, felon in felony possession of a firearm. And he caught five years from Judge Stamm......... who then suspended all five years. Then WHAT WAS THE FREAKING POINT!!!!?

It’s almost like they are afraid of hurting the felons feelings.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sure. It's always the businesses fault. GFYS,
We've had this talk before, a few times. After one of which, IIRC, you actually agreed that he could maybe do a bit more. It's not always the fault of the business, and its not his fault this time. The criminal did the crime. But it is possible that making it a bit harder for the criminals to grab and go might be a Good Thing. Slow the damn criminals down.

DannyMotorcycle

Good thing the two morons didn't have 2 braincells between them or they would have just gone to a pro 2A state and
just purchased one from a private owner.. duh.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But it is possible that making it a bit harder for the criminals to grab and go might be a Good Thing. Slow the damn criminals down.
Every time I'm in there (fairly often) the store is packed with employees, several of whom will be near or directly behind the gun counter, and who are most likely carrying as well. That was a ballsy - and incredibly reckless - move on the part of the thief.

bonehead1

I know Flat Broke clerks all carry, not so sure about Tackle Box. In fact I was looking at a pistol there and asked if I could pocket said pistol for a test. The clerk said sure just don't walk out with it. Then he said something like we can't stop you, not for property.

phreddyp

Is there ANY subject that you won't whine about?

Bare-ya-cuda

Sure. It's always the businesses fault. GFYS,
I know right just like it’s Kia’s fault that the POC are stealing cars and the gun manufactures fault their products are used in crimes. You can’t kill the weed unless you attack the root. Something our government seems to not understand. Blame everyone but the person committing the criminal act. I second GFYS.

Bare-ya-cuda

Good thing the two morons didn't have 2 braincells between them or they would have just gone to a pro 2A state and
just purchased one from a private owner.. duh.
It’s obvious by their records purchasing things is not in their wheelhouse. If you had at least one brain cell you would know a private owner that isn’t a criminal wouldn’t sell them a firearm.

glhs837

Power with Control
I know right just like it’s Kia’s fault that the POC are stealing cars and the gun manufactures fault their products are used in crimes. You can’t kill the weed unless you attack the root. Something our government seems to not understand. Blame everyone but the person committing the criminal act. I second GFYS.

Note I clearly stated that the criminal is at fault and was the one committing the crime. I also said I think the TB could do a bit more to make it harder to steal the weapons they sell. These things can both be true.

phreddyp

So I can mark you down as fine with judges letting felons off when caught with firearms? You whine about EVs so there :)
Saying EVs are a piece of crap is not whining it is a fact of life.

Once again you are trying to deflect the conversation, I am a firm believer in in enforcing the current laws on the books instead of passing new laws and just so you understand police catching criminals and judges passing sentence upon conviction are two ends of the same animal, both need to be done.

Now you can go back to whining again with vim and vigor.

glhs837

Power with Control
Saying EVs are a piece of crap is not whining it is a fact of life.

Once again you are trying to deflect the conversation, I am a firm believer in in enforcing the current laws on the books instead of passing new laws and just so you understand police catching criminals and judges passing sentence upon conviction are two ends of the same animal, both need to be done.

Now you can go back to whining again with vim and vigor.

But that's my point. Handing someone a felon caught with a firearm a 5-year sentence and then immediately suspending it is not enforcing the laws, is it? Did I ask for new laws to be passed? I simply want criminals caught with firearms to be sent away for the maximum allowed by law.

phreddyp

But that's my point. Handing someone a felon caught with a firearm a 5-year sentence and then immediately suspending it is not enforcing the laws, is it? Did I ask for new laws to be passed? I simply want criminals caught with firearms to be sent away for the maximum allowed by law.
No that is not the point, you accused me of being soft on crime and are now trying to cover it up because I called you out about your whining. If you want to bait and switch well, you should pay more attention to your messiah Elon, he has it down to a science.

glhs837

Power with Control
No that is not the point, you accused me of being soft on crime and are now trying to cover it up because I called you out about your whining. If you want to bait and switch well, you should pay more attention to your messiah Elon, he has it down to a science.
Not switching at all. You said I was whining when I was complaining about soft on crime judges. That indicates you are okay with soft on crime judges. Do you think that Judge Stamm was acting in the best interests of the citizens of the county when he did that?

phreddyp

Not switching at all. You said I was whining when I was complaining about soft on crime judges. That indicates you are okay with soft on crime judges. Do you think that Judge Stamm was acting in the best interests of the citizens of the county when he did that?
Nice try, I was responding about your whining about the Tackle Box. Judge Stamm is a St Mary's problem, why don't you try fixing it, maybe running him over with your EV that you rave about but don't own.