Ah Yes ... Acceptance of Gays - Next Pedo's or Incest

Hijinx

LGBTQ survived for thousands of years without advertising.
They are having more problems now than ever.

When you get in people's faces, they don't like it.
I don't care what you do in your bedroom, just keep it there.
Stop recruiting kids.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You'll like my FB March 17th post then:

Hey folks, a few historical facts about the principle historic character of the day.
1. They were a Roman-Briton, whose name has been posited as Maewyn, who lived in what is now Wales. They were a slave in Ireland who herded sheep and later escaped to continental Europe, where they learned about Christianity.
2. A missionary named Palladius was in Ireland a year or two before Maewyn. Many of the anecdotes related to Maewyn were most likely actually accomplished by Palladius.
3. There were no snakes in Ireland.
4. Green was not the color Maewyn wore, it was most likely ecclesiastic blue. Green became associated with him during the 19th Century Irish Independence movement.
5. Patrick comes from Patricius, which he named himself. It means Patriarch in Latin.
6. Maewyn was never canonized by the Church.
Like many "holidays," no basis in reality.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You'll like my FB March 17th post then:

Hey folks, a few historical facts about the principle historic character of the day.
1. They were a Roman-Briton, whose name has been posited as Maewyn, who lived in what is now Wales. They were a slave in Ireland who herded sheep and later escaped to continental Europe, where they learned about Christianity.
2. A missionary named Palladius was in Ireland a year or two before Maewyn. Many of the anecdotes related to Maewyn were most likely actually accomplished by Palladius.
3. There were no snakes in Ireland.
4. Green was not the color Maewyn wore, it was most likely ecclesiastic blue. Green became associated with him during the 19th Century Irish Independence movement.
5. Patrick comes from Patricius, which he named himself. It means Patriarch in Latin.
6. Maewyn was never canonized by the Church.
Like many "holidays," no basis in reality.
My paternal people came from Cornwall. My 15th grandfather was part of the Court of Henry VIII.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My paternal people came from Cornwall. My 15th grandfather was part of the Court of Henry VIII.
From that set of islands, ancestors from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Through my French ancestry, found a many times great grandmother who was a ward of Louis XIV's household.

Tech

From that set of islands, ancestors from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Through my French ancestry, found a many times great grandmother who was a ward of Louis XIV's household.
It was probably a cousin that shot Michael Collins since it was in the hood. May be related to Che since we both have Lynch ancestors from same region.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It was probably a cousin that shot Michael Collins since it was in the hood. May be related to Che since we both have Lynch ancestors from same region.
Actually, my 2nd great grandfather, Thomas Brady, did have a couple of famous nephews: Patrick and William Pearse.
His sister Margaret was their mother.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thomas came to America with his father Philip to work for the railroad, first in Connecticut, then in Massachusetts.
After the railroad, Thomas had a small grocery shop in Springfield, MA.

Philip brought most of his other children over, but Margaret chose to stay in Ireland.

Tech

Last of my came over in 1880, 14 year old Mary Sheridan with her sister. Her mother was a Catherine Brady from Cavan.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Last of my came over in 1880, 14 year old Mary Sheridan with her sister. Her mother was a Catherine Brady from Cavan.
My first European ancestors showed up on this continent in the mid-1500's in what became Quebec Province, Canada.
Most recent was my maternal grandfather in 1927.

My Brady forebears came from Westmeath.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Next county over.
Good to see a thread turn onto a not weird sidetrack. :)

Going back to my 5th - 6th great grandparents, who were the ancestors of my paternal grandmother, Mary Agnes Robinson, nee Burke: In Ireland - Westmeath, Meath, Kerry, Clare, Cavan, Limerick. Wicklow, Mayo, Waterford and Monaghan. There is one 6th great grandfather along those lines who was born in Glamorganshire, Wales and emigrated to Kerry. Another was born in Hoxel, Germany and emigrated to Westmeath.