AHL Hockey

MMDad

Lem Putt
Next week I'll be in Norfolk. The Scope is four blocks from my hotel. There's a Norfolk Admirals game on Wednesday night, and I think I'll be getting tickets for the game. It's less than $20, including Ticketmaster fees, to be 3 rows from the glass. I've never had a seat that close to the glass before, so it sounds like a great deal.

Has anyone been to an Admirals game? I realize they aren't NHL caliber, but are they close? Do they hit as hard?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
MMDad said:
Next week I'll be in Norfolk. The Scope is four blocks from my hotel. There's a Norfolk Admirals game on Wednesday night, and I think I'll be getting tickets for the game. It's less than $20, including Ticketmaster fees, to be 3 rows from the glass. I've never had a seat that close to the glass before, so it sounds like a great deal.

Has anyone been to an Admirals game? I realize they aren't NHL caliber, but are they close? Do they hit as hard?

I'll bet they do. I've seen lots of roller and ice hockey played by teenagers and they hit hard...hockey players generally go all out all the time. Enjoy!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
MMDad said:

I used to go all the time when I was stationed down there and enjoyed it a lot. Since it's minor league it seems like they tend to fight more than the pros (less to lose I guess). They used to have one guy who it seemed his only job was to fight. Don't even know why they gave him a stick. The venue is small so it's cool to go to.

LordStanley

I know nothing
We had season tickets to the games when we lived down there. Man that was such a while ago. That was back when they were ECHL.

The team was so good the moved up one level and now competes in the AHL. They may have a few NHL caliber players on the team. A lot of them get sent up for a game or so to fill in for injured players

You will have a good time

MMDad

Lem Putt
I just got back to my hotel room after watching a great game. I enjoyed the game more than I could have imagined. If anyone travels to Norfolk, definitely stop in for a game. It is awesome!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
MMDad said:
I just got back to my hotel room after watching a great game. I enjoyed the game more than I could have imagined. If anyone travels to Norfolk, definitely stop in for a game. It is awesome!
Who did they play?

LordStanley

I know nothing
MMDad said:

Where you a hockey fan before, or did this game turn you in one?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
crabcake said:
We're going to the 'Canes/Caps game next Thursday night! :yahoo:

Caps/Bruins on the 15th!!! :getdown: Row 5. So cold, you don't take your coat off! LOL.

Isn't there a AHL team that plays at Showplace Arena? :shrug: I thought there was...

LordStanley

I know nothing
nachomama said:
Caps/Bruins on the 15th!!! :getdown: Row 5. So cold, you don't take your coat off! LOL.

Isn't there a AHL team that plays at Showplace Arena? :shrug: I thought there was...

There used to be.... They were called the Ice Breakers. They were ECHL.

The team disbanded years ago..back in 98 I think.

We will be going to the Caps/Flyers Game in Jan. Go Flyers. (well not this year cause they suck ass)

LordStanley

I know nothing
mv_princess said:
Does anyone have tickets to a Caps/Sabres game?? I would LOVE to go see the Sabre's play!!

I can get you tickets or turn you on to someone whom I use.... They are discounted... Any where in the building you want.

I play hockey with the guy and we go in large groups and use him all the time.

PM for details....

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
LordStanley said:
I can get you tickets or turn you on to someone whom I use.... They are discounted... Any where in the building you want.

PM for details....
WoohOo!! :yahoo:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LordStanley said:

PM for details....

Hockey whore :razz: