Air Force IG reports - The AF is racist AF

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
As someone that has spent a lot of my life in a military uniform, I take the report results with a grain of salt. I'm sure many current and past military members would agree, the US armed forces are much more color blind than a lot of other US institutions. The services don't care what color you are. All they want is people that can perform their duty.

I'm curious to see what sort of fixes they come up with. I know when the obama administration wanted to fix the racial disparities for minorities being suspended from schools, they banned suspending minorities to make the numbers better. Of course that just made teacher's lives a living hell, but it sure fixed the stats. I hope the AF doesn't take this sort of approach. Their members deserve better.

The Air Force launched its effort to study racial disparities, and to survey airmen about race and their experiences in the service, in June, after the death of George Floyd sparked nationwide protests and movements to root out racial bias and inequality nationwide.

The report that resulted found that enlisted Black airmen were 72 percent more likely than their white counterparts to receive non-judicial punishments from their commanding officer, and 57 percent more likely than white service members to face a court-martial, the report said.

Young Black enlisted airmen are almost twice as likely as their white counterparts to be involuntarily discharged for misconduct. And Black airmen are 1.64 times more likely to be suspects in Office of Special Investigations criminal cases, and twice as likely to be apprehended by security forces, the report said.

These results confirm the findings of a report the military advocacy group Protect Our Defenders released in May, which found the military justice system disproportionately punished Black airmen more frequently than other airmen.

The racial disparities hurting Black airmen also became evident at several points along their career paths, the report said. For example, on the enlisted side, Black airmen enlist at higher rates than would be expected, as compared to their proportion of the overall eligible U.S. population.

Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett has now ordered agencies to come up with plans to figure out the root causes for these problems and correct them, within 60 days. Those plans must include specific changes to policy, processes and procedures, and how those changes will affect the racial disparities.

Consistent, widespread racial disparities hurt Black airmen, IG study finds (airforcetimes.com)

limblips

PREMO Member
As someone that has spent a lot of my life in a military uniform, I take the report results with a grain of salt. I'm sure many current and past military members would agree, the US armed forces are much more color blind than a lot of other US institutions. The services don't care what color you are. All they want is people that can perform their duty.

I'm curious to see what sort of fixes they come up with. I know when the obama administration wanted to fix the racial disparities for minorities being suspended from schools, they banned suspending minorities to make the numbers better. Of course that just made teacher's lives a living hell, but it sure fixed the stats. I hope the AF doesn't take this sort of approach. Their members deserve better.

Consistent, widespread racial disparities hurt Black airmen, IG study finds (airforcetimes.com)
I could have told you that the outcome of the IG "study". They knew full well what the expected, desired, and mandated result would be. I can also tell you that if all factors were considered there would be not any disparity.

I offer that blacks committed violations of the UCMJ or standing orders 72% more often that whites and Courts Martial offenses 57% more often but the IG did not consider who is doing the crime, just who is doing the time. This is akin to claiming only blacks get arrested in Balmur.

I am so sick of this BS. The libtards only use factors that support their desired outcome and ignore the rest. When called out on in they throw the racist rant and claim that being called out proves the racism and white supremacy. Fornicate them all and their alleged suppressed minorities.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was in civil engineering units, USAF Reserve 83 - 92, must have had a disproportionate number of non-Euro heritage and non-male supervisors/officers.