Air Fryer

SailorGirl

will be here on Sunday and I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow. What's one of the easiest things to make that will encourage me to keep trying? Can you do French fries in it using real potatoes or do you have to use the frozen pre-cut stuff.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You can use real potatoes in your fryer. Bacon from the air fryer is great, all the grease drips to the bottom making clean up easier. We love ours and use almost every night.

SailorGirl

You can use real potatoes in your fryer. Bacon from the air fryer is great, all the grease drips to the bottom making clean up easier. We love ours and use almost every night.
That's probably the first thing I'll make. Do you soak your potatoes in water before you do the air fryer thing and if so does it make a difference? I'm really looking forward to brussel sprouts because I screw them up every time in the oven and I've read that they're really good in the air fryer.

SamSpade

will be here on Sunday and I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow. What's one of the easiest things to make that will encourage me to keep trying? Can you do French fries in it using real potatoes or do you have to use the frozen pre-cut stuff.
We've done both. Frozen pre-cut is brain-dead easy. Put it in, push the button.

SailorGirl

We've done both. Frozen pre-cut is brain-dead easy. Put it in, push the button.
I like that idea - trying to look for something where I can control the salt since I promised myself I'd eat healthier. That however did not stop me from buying frozen fries at the commissary today.

DaSDGuy

I like that idea - trying to look for something where I can control the salt since I promised myself I'd eat healthier. That however did not stop me from buying frozen fries at the commissary today.
Some people like to cut the potatoes into french fry shape then soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes before air frying them. The warm water removes some of the starch and the fries stay soft inside and get crispy outside.

SailorGirl

Some people like to cut the potatoes into french fry shape then soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes before air frying them. The warm water removes some of the starch and the fries stay soft inside and get crispy outside.
Thank you - think I'll try it both ways - really looking for easy.

DoWhat

Oink, Oink
PREMO Member
Do they end up crispy? I always end up doing the oven fried chicken - doesn't turn out that well.
Chicken is done.
I coated them with some olive oil, salt & pepper.
Put in for 18 min and turned them over after 8 min for the remaining time.
Turned out great.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
we mostly use ours for reheating ... breaded items like Chicken Wings / Strips ..... Five Guys Fry's