Air in the Well Water Line

ylexot

Super Genius
I just finished installing a new pressure tank in the well system, but now I am getting an occasional bubble of air coming out of the faucet.

During the install, I added a check valve since all the diagrams I saw said to have one and there wasn't one in the original install.

What I suspect is happening is that there is also a check valve in the well and the new check valve is holding the pressure back from the old check valve and keeping it from sealing closed. So, the water is draining back into the well and somehow letting air in. This would explain why the air was bad this morning (more time to drain/fill with air)

Should I remove the new check valve or replace the old one? Is my theory incorrect? Or has the new pressure tank bladder failed already? (please say no)

I'm not a well expert, but I'm starting to become one...

I just finished installing a new pressure tank in the well system, but now I am getting an occasional bubble of air coming out of the faucet.

During the install, I added a check valve since all the diagrams I saw said to have one and there wasn't one in the original install.

What I suspect is happening is that there is also a check valve in the well and the new check valve is holding the pressure back from the old check valve and keeping it from sealing closed. So, the water is draining back into the well and somehow letting air in. This would explain why the air was bad this morning (more time to drain/fill with air)

Should I remove the new check valve or replace the old one? Is my theory incorrect? Or has the new pressure tank bladder failed already? (please say no)

I'm not a well expert, but I'm starting to become one...

Mine has the check valve in the well. On the other hand if you had just the one up top wouldn't the height of the water column cause some separation? This is why you can't have an above ground pump right?

nutz

How long did you let it run? It may take a day or two to purge itself. Deep or shallow well?