Aircrew

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I worked in special ops and was a navy blackshoe aircrewman. I have time in VP-3A Orions, T-39 Sabreliners, C-9 Skytrains & C-20 Gulfstreams. IMHO nothing compares to the C-20(G4). That plane was super slick. It had a conference table and real plush seats. The galley was pretty sweet. 1 weekend we did an overnight to Fairbanks, Alaska. We left Andrews around 6am on a Saturday and returned the next evening around 10pm.

I've also flown in C-141 Starlifters, KC-135 Stratotankers, C-5 Galaxys, C-17 Globemasters, C-2 Greyhounds, C-12 Hurons, KC-10 Extenders, C- 130 Hercules and maybe a few more that I'm forgetting. I don't know which version of the planes I flew in as a passenger. That sort of stuff never mattered to me. What mattered was my personal comfort, especially on the long, overseas flights. Nothing like sitting in a cold, noisy cargo bay for hours at a time. Thank goodness for ear plugs. The heavy cargo flights were pretty good overall. A nice steady flight. Now those smaller aircraft are more like Disney rides depending on the weather conditions. You haven't lived until you've gone weightless in your seat while the plane plummets towards earth. Damn microbursts.