Airgasm, Mingiz got the GPS today..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Rode the 4 wheeler to the pond .13 miles away from the house and by the GPS I could NOT find my way home :jameo: We are gunna get lost for sure.. :faint:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pasofever said:
Rode the 4 wheeler to the pond .13 miles away from the house and by the GPS I could NOT find my way home :jameo: We are gunna get lost for sure.. :faint:
You need to figure out how to turn on TRACKS..

Before you start turn it on, and it leaves a trail on the screen.. Then you just backtrack to where you started..

You can also set up waypoints, or Points of Interest.. etc.. And you can just meander, and always find your way back.

Pasofever said:
Your only alternative is to fill a feed sack with colored sand, hook the sack to a funnel so that the sand feeds into the funnel, strap the concoction to your horses ass and that way you can follow the sand line back home.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
itsbob said:

Before you start turn it on, and it leaves a trail on the screen.. Then you just backtrack to where you started..

You can also set up waypoints, or Points of Interest.. etc.. And you can just meander, and always find your way back.

I did mark a waypoint and name it "home" then I drove to the pond..Then I looked up "tracks" and hit "traceback" I got up the map and the N symbol but did not know how to follow it..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
kwillia said:
Your only alternative is to fill a feed sack with colored sand, hook the sack to a funnel so that the sand feeds into the funnel, strap the concoction to your horses ass and that way you can follow the sand line back home.

:lalala:

mingiz

Horse Poor
kwillia said:

:killingme :lmao: She would still get lost.... :whistle:

mingiz

Horse Poor
itsbob said:

Maybe you should go riding with Paso and show her how to use it.... :whistle:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SouthernMdRocks said:
What is the make of the GPS you are using. I was thinking about getting the Magellan ,sp????

Peeps here told me the Garmin etrex would be fine for me and under $100 (way under) is a good price too..check ebay..

Agee

Pass,

Sit down with the "quick" version of the users guide (should be a seperate guide from the users manual). Read through it again, take the GPS out on your property while using the various functions. I think you just need to practice with it a bit more.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Airgasm said:
Sit down with the "quick" version of the users guide (should be a seperate guide from the users manual). Read through it again, take the GPS out on your property while using the various functions. I think you just need to practice with it a bit more.

I did alot yesterday I think I am getting the hang of it now...so when you start you MARK it then as you go you mark WAYPOINTS like different parts on the trail you like...I read the manual and the quick version too...I did alot of reading..thanks

Agee

Pasofever said:
I did alot yesterday I think I am getting the hang of it now...so when you start you MARK it then as you go you mark WAYPOINTS like different parts on the trail you like...I read the manual and the quick version too...I did alot of reading..thanks

...and then save that route (with a name) with the starting point, waypoints along the way and your ending point. You should then be able to bring that route up and follow it home. There is one page that gives you details on distance and direction to each waypoint as well as the route tracking page.

I'm still learning mine also :cheers:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Airgasm said:
...and then save that route (with a name) with the starting point, waypoints along the way and your ending point. You should then be able to bring that route up and follow it home. There is one page that gives you details on distance and direction to each waypoint as well as the route tracking page.

I'm still learning mine also :cheers:

Ok I saw that page but there was nothing there...I guess I need more waypoints...I did figure out how to save it...so..hypothetically speaking Mingiz and I had a hard time at the park the other day...so if we MARK the trailer..waypoint the swimming hole and waypoint our favorite beach we should be able to get back to the trailer??

Agee

Pasofever said:
Ok I saw that page but there was nothing there...I guess I need more waypoints...I did figure out how to save it...so..hypothetically speaking Mingiz and I had a hard time at the park the other day...so if we MARK the trailer..waypoint the swimming hole and waypoint our favorite beach we should be able to get back to the trailer??

In reality you only need a starting point and ending point. The longer the trip, adding more waypoints along the way helps you stay on track. Remember, you can not only save routes, but individual waypoints (trailer, swim hole, beer cooler, etc.) So where-ever you are, you can bring up a saved waypoint and navigate to it.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Airgasm said:
In reality you only need a starting point and ending point. The longer the trip, adding more waypoints along the way helps you stay on track. Remember, you can not only save routes, but individual waypoints (trailer, swim hole, beer cooler, etc.) So where-ever you are, you can bring up a saved waypoint and navigate to it.

You have to save the individual way points or just the whole route and then bring up a way point.. :jameo: I'm an idiot..I need to just get Mingiz a tee shirt that says.."I'm Pasos GPS"

Agee

Pasofever said:
You have to save the individual way points or just the whole route and then bring up a way point.. :jameo: I'm an idiot..I need to just get Mingiz a tee shirt that says.."I'm Pasos GPS"

You can do either. When you want a route you call up the saved route, which will include all the waypoints you've saved along that route. When you just want a particular waypoint you bring-up that saved waypoint.

-A waypoint: one spot somewhere
-A route: several somewhere spots all connected.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Airgasm said:
You can do either. When you want a route you call up the saved route, which will include all the waypoints you've saved along that route. When you just want a particular waypoint you bring-up that saved waypoint.

-A waypoint: one spot somewhere
-A route: several somewhere spots all connected.

Thanks I will let you know how it goes this weekend..maybe tomorrow...I deffently think this is all I need for what Mingiz and I do..thanks for all the help..

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:

Your not making me your poster child :smack: :huggy: