Airgun Shooting

Goby431

Are there any areas in so md that will permit plinking/target shooting with an airgun? Possibly parks? Just don't have a backyard and don't want to pay for a shooting range membership. I've researched and can't seem to find much. Thanks!

limblips

PREMO Member
Are there any areas in so md that will permit plinking/target shooting with an airgun? Possibly parks? Just don't have a backyard and don't want to pay for a shooting range membership. I've researched and can't seem to find much. Thanks!
You need to define your air gun. If you are talking a Red Rider BB gun just a piece of plywood will work. If you are talking +1000 ft/sec pellet guns you will need more, if you are talking a Seneca Recluse .357 you are going to need a range or a lot of acreage with a good backstop or berm.

UglyBear

Just don't have a backyard
I believe OP lives in a condo or someplace without a back yard at all.

I would suggest finding a large piece of farmland and asking the owner -- definitely ask the owner first! If you don't, the BB gun looks very much like a firearm, and the owner might be justified in calling police on you, or even shooting back with the real firearms, depending on how threatened they feel.
Might be difficult in the time of social distancing, but it helps if you are friendly, polite, well-dressed, and have a kid with you.

Do you have any friends with acreage? As limblips said above, for a Daisy, you need plywood at best. Just wear eye protection.

There is a state park near LaPlata that has a public shooting and archery range, but I believe they are closed for the COVID thingy. Doesn't hurt to call them.
Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area 5625 Myrtle Grove Rd. LaPlata, MD 20646 Phone: 301-743-5161 Web: www.dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx Permit required. Shooters must supply all target equipment. Call for more information.
https://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/hunt_trap/shooting_ranges.aspx

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
To make it more interesting, I diesel the .177 pellets in my Hatsan. Sounds just like a .22 rifle.

;-)