Airports: Favorite and Least Favorite

John Z

if you will
Least Favorite: Hotlanta. Always sprinting between concourses to my connecting flight, and taking that funky shuttle that connects them.

Favorite: Albany, GA. Only has two gates, so it is nice and stress free.

Honorable Mentions: Any airport that has a microbrewery in my concourse can't be all bad (Reagan & Orlando, for example). :cheers:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
morganj614 said:
Favorite..Manchester, N.H.
Least Favorite..Dulles, Va.

Runners up
2nd Fave..Savannah, Ga.
Least 2nd fave..National, D.C.
I've never been to Manchester or the airport at Savanna. I agree with you, I don't like Dulles, either. It seems like that place has been undergoing renovation ever since it opened. And before the security changes, it was a fairly handsome airport terminal, although with few amenities like places to eat/drink.

The reasons for not liking National are obvious to anyone who's been there!

I liked Albequerque because it wasn't crowded, it was fairly quiet and neat and clean, and they had some local vendors selling local products.

One airport I liked (but only used it once) was John Wayne International, in California close to Los Angeles. It wasn't too crowded, it was clean, and it kind of had a small-town feel to it (if you can believe that).

morganj614

Railroad said:
I've never been to Manchester or the airport at Savanna. I agree with you, I don't like Dulles, either. It seems like that place has been undergoing renovation ever since it opened. And before the security changes, it was a fairly handsome airport terminal, although with few amenities like places to eat/drink.

The reasons for not liking National are obvious to anyone who's been there!

I liked Albequerque because it wasn't crowded, it was fairly quiet and neat and clean, and they had some local vendors selling local products.

One airport I liked (but only used it once) was John Wayne International, in California close to Los Angeles. It wasn't too crowded, it was clean, and it kind of had a small-town feel to it (if you can believe that).

Both Manchester and Savannah are small, intimate airports. They are easy in and out and small airports for now.

SmallTown

Football season!
Dulles- I like it because it is a 20 minute drive from my house. But once inside, it's a 30 minute walk to wear you need to go. If they ever finish the new transport system, there won't be a reason for me not to go there. With the new parking garage, you can get somewhat close to the terminal.

National- Surpisingly easy to get to. I use to avoid it when I was in Maryland and just fly out of BWI because I figured Nationa's location would make it a nightmare. Was forced to fly out of it once and found it to be easy to get to, parking was fine, and I didn't have to walk a mile.

Charlotte- One of those airports where your connecting flight is nowhere near your flight coming in. Only been there twice, and I think I walked about 5 miles each time.

Memphis- This airport blew. My flight coming back from New Orleans went through there. Delayed for quite a bit. Just seemed dark and nasty.

New Orleans- Not bad. Didn't get to see much of it (which is a good thing, means less walking)

LAX- Suprisingly not bad at all. Busy. But it was quick to get our luggage and get the rental car. I figured when I left LA it would be good to leave early to beat the traffic. Traffic was stopped on the freeway at 5am. Luckily I gave myself plenty of time. Pain to get into and out of by car.

Orlando. Liked it. Less security than you would think, bu still a decent place.

Atlantic City (of whatever the airport there is called) What a mess. They were in the middle of an expansion when I flew in there and it was awful

Denver. Was there for the old terminal. not sure about the new one.

Roanoke. hahahahaha

Eglin. Talk about small town airport. The base is nice enough to let commercial traffic land. Terminal is pretty small, but does have a little place to eat.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Like:

-National (as long as the security lines are short)
-BWI (again as long as security is short)
-Indianapolis
-San Jose/Santa Clara
-San Francisco

Dislike:
-Dallas-Fort Worth
-Atlanta
-Detroit
-Chicago-Midway (I always lose luggage when I go through Chicago, so I stopped checking it)
-Chicago-Ohare (see Chicago-Midway)

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
sleuth said:
Like:

-National (as long as the security lines are short)
-BWI (again as long as security is short)
-Indianapolis
-San Jose/Santa Clara
-San Francisco

Dislike:
-Dallas-Fort Worth
-Atlanta
-Detroit
-Chicago-Midway (I always lose luggage when I go through Chicago, so I stopped checking it)
-Chicago-Ohare (see Chicago-Midway)
I was trying to remember the San Jose airport - I've been there twice and truly enjoyed it both times.

I used to make VERY frequent trips to D/FW. I flew there so often that I knew some of the ticket agents by name and they knew me. I can't say it was my favorite airport, but I had that place down to a science - 20 minutes from landing to driving off in my rental car.

Agee

Orlando, Seattle :yay:

Minneapolis/St.Paul, Detroit, BWI :boo:

Used to be a fan of BWI, but with all of the construction, and the less than stellar baggage service, fell out of favor.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Airgasm said:
Orlando, Seattle :yay:

Minneapolis/St.Paul, Detroit, BWI :boo:

Used to be a fan of BWI, but with all of the construction, and the less than stellar baggage service, fell out of favor.
I can understand that. IMHO it's still better than National.

mainman

Set Trippin
I think the original "Airport" which came out in 1970 with Burt Lancaster would have to be my favorite if I had to choose...:yay:

I have not determined my least favorite, maybe Airport 77....:ohwell:

Agee

mainman said:
I think the original "Airport" which came out in 1970 with Burt Lancaster would have to be my favorite if I had to choose...:yay:

I have not determined my least favorite, maybe Airport 77....:ohwell:
:lmao: The original, didn't Dean Martin, and George Kennedy also star in that?

Triggerfish

Favorite...Seatac. Nice 24 hr USO with free food, beds, showers, couches, and big screen TV.

runner up...Changi airport in Singapore was nice too.

Least favorite.

Sheremetyevo in Moscow rude staff, chaotic, outdated equipment, delayed flights.

runner up JFK....rude staff