AITJ? People sold concert tickets they won

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

AITJ for questioning my friend's family for charging my dad $250 for concert tickets they won for free?​

My best friend and college roommate is Native American and mentioned that during cultural week her mom won Motley Crue concert tix in bingo and her mom didn't want them. I mentioned to my friend that my Dad is a big Motley Crue fan and would probably go to the concert. My friend told me she would talk to her mom.
A few days later my friend told me that her mom agreed to let my Dad have the tix. She sold my Dad the two tix for $250. My friend's mom said that she was willing to give my Dad a deal since our families are so close. She (my friend's mom) said that tix for that particular section were being sold for like $900 on ticket master so selling them for only $250 was a steal. My dad paid for tix but told me that he wanted me to find out if my friend had to pay anything to enter the bingo...because if not he felt that she shouldn't be selling them.
I didn't think much about it at the time but a week later I nonchalantly asked my friend if she had to pay to play bingo at her tribe's cultural week. She told me it was free for all tribal members. It then didn't sit right with me that my friend's family basically profited off my dad by charging him $250 for the tix that they won for free? My friend again stated that her mom was "happy to sell them to us for only $250 considering what ticket master was selling."
AITA for thinking she should've given us the tix for free considering she didn't pay anything for them and that our families are so close?

:roflmao:

This is why you never want to do something nice for someone. I'd give those people their money back and rip the tickets up right in front of their face.

Honestly if it were me who won tickets I didn't want I'd give them to a friend no charge. But if these folks wanted to sell theirs that is perfectly their right.

SamSpade

If someone wants something you have, and they are willing to pay for it, it shouldn't matter if it was given to you or if you paid more for it.

That applies to ANY piece of propery you acquire.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
If someone wants something you have, and they are willing to pay for it, it shouldn't matter if it was given to you or if you paid more for it.

That applies to ANY piece of propery you acquire.
By the whiners logic, should anyone that was given a house by their departed parents give it to someone else?

:lmao: