Al Davis Press Conference

Did anyone watch any of Al Davis' press conference as regards the firing of Lane Kiffin? What a disingenuous, self-indulgent POS. A bunch of BS to try to establish that he fired Kiffin for cause so that he doesn't have to pay him what's left on his contract. Seems like he had wanted to fire him for some time but waited until he could concoct an argument that it's because Kiffin violated his contract. Basically Al sabotaged the Raider's season so that he could get the satisfaction of cheating Kiffin out of 3.5 million dollars.

That organization has become a joke. Why would anyone who has other options want to work for this guy? That franchise is in trouble as long as he's running the show. They're going to find it very difficult to get any coaches in there that have any self-respect.

If I heard him correctly, he called Chris Mortensen a professional liar. :lmao: He was also complaining about trading Randy Moss. I can't imagine that deal was made without his blessing.

BuddyLee

Football addict
People think the Skins have a bad owner. I think they HAD a bad owner but he's matured immensely over the past few seasons.

Al Davis has to be the worst of the worst.

Correction

If I heard him correctly, he called Chris Mortensen a professional liar. :lmao:

Apparently he was referring to Lane Kiffin when he said that. Frankly his babbling was so incoherent at times that it was hard to follow.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b46979&template=with-video&confirm=true
Belichick denies tampering accusation
Associated Press
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick denied Wednesday the claim by Raiders owner Al Davis that New England had a workout with Randy Moss before obtaining him in a trade with Oakland.

Davis said Tuesday that the Patriots had tampered with Moss before the deal in April 2007 that brought the wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round choice that year on the weekend of the NFL draft.

"I've told the story about Randy many, many times," Belichick said in a conference call with members of the media covering the 49ers, "and the first time I ever talked to Randy was the Sunday morning of the second day of the draft last year.

"So that's the first time I met him. That's the first time I talked to him. There was no workout. There was no other contact with him."

Davis made the tampering accusation after ending a news conference in which he announced the firing of coach Lane Kiffin.

Asked Wednesday if he had a response to Davis, Moss said, "No, not at all."

Old fool.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Contrary...

...opinion; I like when something like this happens.

Nowadays, everyone at the upper end of the food chain is this super polished, super slick person who took classes in how to talk to the media, how to handle difficult questions and how to always keep the product in mind.

So, what we have is a world full of actors who totally control themselves and the message as much as possible and that is a dull, bland world.

I miss the day of the eclectic owner, like Davis, like Jack Kent Cooke. Yeah, some were kinda scummy or imperial or rude or obnoxious, but they were a lot more interesting and a lot more fun.