Al Gore?

heavenly was

Do you think that Al gore is really God in disguise? I mean--He created the internet, Which is probably bigger than the earth, which God already created? Also he has come to warn us about global warming? It must be pretty bleak outlook if god has to warn us about it. We should be careful.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Since his wife Tipper was a founder of the PMRC, your theory might give some weight to the old claim that rock 'n' roll is a tool of the devil. :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
heavenly was said:
Do you think that Al gore is really God in disguise? I mean--He created the internet, Which is probably bigger than the earth, which God already created? Also he has come to warn us about global warming? It must be pretty bleak outlook if god has to warn us about it. We should be careful.
Naw... He falls somewhere between Superman and Mighty Mouse.

Saving the world from us.

Toxick

Splat
David said:
It always help to know the truth:

From snopes.com...

Claim: V.P. Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the internet.

The actual quote is:
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet.

Which directly translates to : I invented the internet.

Now, in context we all know that he was not taking credit for the actual creating and implementation of the internet. But the quote remains, and regardless of context, it's a very funny example of self-aggrandizement taken to the extreme.

And for the record, Quayle is still eating #### about potatoe.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Toxick said:
Now, in context we all know that he was not taking credit for the actual creating and implementation of the internet.

And for the record, Quayle is still eating #### about potatoe.
First of all I think Gore REALLY believes he invented the internet. Just like he believes he is saving the world from we disgusting humans.

Second a direct translation of Quayle's potatoe mispeak is:

po ta toe = poor little toe.

Because some little girl had just smooshed her toe. So, given his culture he did not mispeak. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Sort of like some cultures saying : "Sup!" I thought they were saying it was time to eat supper. Nope! They were saying "Hey how are you doing today on this fine spring day?" :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
heavenly was said:

Heavenly, I hope your post was sarcastic.:confused: Yes? OK I feel better. No? Please don't vote. God & Gore should never be used in the same sentence.:nono: This "global warming" happens often and is followed by "not so cold" winters but even the temperature on Mars goes up from time to time. This is caused by sunspot activity (gas explosions on the sun). Then things return to normal for many years. Can't you see that this is another tool the democrats are trying to use to control (scare) us? If elected, they said they would end the war. Well? They didn't. So, on to plan "B". Scare people into believing that the earth is heating up and they need to fix it by taxing us more. You aparently don't have faith in God if you believe that He would let us burn up. Yes, one day the sun will get hotter and then go out and the moon & stars will fall from the sky but this will be at the end of the world, when God, NOT GORE, says so. Read the book of the Revelation at the end of the Bible. It's scary but read it without fear if you are a Christian.:yahoo: God help these people to wake up and NOT listen to the biased media! (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, FOX, etc.).

Toxick

Splat
PsyOps said:
Second a direct translation of Quayle's potatoe mispeak is:

po ta toe = poor little toe.

Because some little girl had just smooshed her toe. So, given his culture he did not mispeak.

I have never heard this in my life.

The "Potatoe" incident that I'm aware of was when Quayle inaccurately corrected a boy during a spelling bee or some such nonsense.

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Midnightrider

Toxick said:

The "Potatoe" incident that I'm aware of was when Quayle inaccurately corrected a boy during a spelling bee or some such nonsense.

Thats what i was thinking but figured pys was joking......

the old "put an E on the end of there" incident

brendar buhl

Doesn't seem Christian
ItalianScallion said:
...This "global warming" happens often...You aparently don't have faith in God if you believe that He would let us burn up. Yes, one day the sun will get hotter and then go out and the moon & stars will fall from the sky but this will be at the end of the world, when God, NOT GORE, says so. Read the book of the Revelation at the end of the Bible. It's scary but read it without fear if you are a Christian.:yahoo: God help these people to wake up and NOT listen to the biased media! (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, FOX, etc.).

This interesting post gives me pause. Do you think that as Christians we should be concerned about the environment? Back on the "tithing" thread there was a lot of talk about the church abusing or wasting the money given to it by its followers. Maybe we should have the same attitude about the Earth and not waste the natural resources that God has given us.

I also don't think I would link environmentalism with a lack of faith. Vary bad things have happened to very faithful people in the past. Having faith in God is not license to be environmentally irresponsible no more than it is license to be financially so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
brendar buhl said:
This interesting post gives me pause. Do you think that as Christians we should be concerned about the environment? Back on the "tithing" thread there was a lot of talk about the church abusing or wasting the money given to it by its followers. Maybe we should have the same attitude about the Earth and not waste the natural resources that God has given us.

I also don't think I would link environmentalism with a lack of faith. Vary bad things have happened to very faithful people in the past. Having faith in God is not license to be environmentally irresponsible no more than it is license to be financially so.
I think differently about this.

If God really is all-powerful, I doubt He will let us destroy his creation. If we, as humans, start getting to be too much for Mother Earth, why wouldn't God just adjust something in the Earth to compensate?

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
If God really is all-powerful, I doubt He will let us destroy his creation. If we, as humans, start getting to be too much for Mother Earth, why wouldn't God just adjust something in the Earth to compensate?

I cite the old 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should' argument.

Perhaps there is a built-in failsafe to prevent humans from destroying creation, or perhaps if humanity is getting too destructive, God will intervene Himself... or perhaps not. Or maybe He knows that we'll all be at Armageddon before we reach critical mass anyway.

I took brendar's post to say: Regardless of whether we buy Gore's tripe or not, as Christians, we should still respect God's creation instead of carelessly running rampant doing whatever we please.

But Buddhists, Hindus, and Scientologists, however, have a free pass to spew out whatever vile toxins they deem fit.

brendar buhl

Doesn't seem Christian
Toxick said:
...I took brendar's post to say: Regardless of whether we buy Gore's tripe or not, as Christians, we should still respect God's creation instead of carelessly running rampant doing whatever we please...

That is it. As far as destroying the Earth goes I think that we destroy it in small ways and pretend that it doesn't matter. When we live in a wasteful way we are contributing to the corruption of our environment on a global scale. This has more than a physical effect, it is part of who we are. I look at sin the same way. When we sin we are not just sinning by ourselves but we are taking part in the systematic unraveling of the moral fiber of the world.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Toxick said:

See my correction please. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Many fundamentalist Christians believe that environmental pollution was a consequence of the Fall of Man in Genesis. Some also claim that humans and animals did not eat meat before the Fall. In the larger community of evangelical Christians, the divide over the global warming issue seems to be between the fundamentalists and the others.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070309/26229_Evangelical_Board_Split_Over_Leader%5C's_Global_Warming_Efforts.htm
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/14/evangelical.rift/index.html

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tonio said:
Many fundamentalist Christians believe that environmental pollution was a consequence of the Fall of Man in Genesis. Some also claim that humans and animals did not eat meat before the Fall. In the larger community of evangelical Christians, the divide over the global warming issue seems to be between the fundamentalists and the others.
I think the fundamental thought on this is that we HUMANS are part of nature. What we do is part of nature. There is not one thing we make that did not come naturally from this earth.

With every natural disaster (not to say we humans are a natural disaster :whistle:) the earth has recovered and healed itself. We humans give outselves too much credit in believing we could actually destroy the earth. Life will go on unitl God decides it's over.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
PsyOps said:
I think the fundamental thought on this is that we HUMANS are part of nature. What we do is part of nature. There is not one thing we make that did not come naturally from this earth.

I read the doctrine this way - that we (or more specifically Adam and Eve) were to blame for everything bad.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
PsyOps said:
With every natural disaster (not to say we humans are a natural disaster :whistle:) the earth has recovered and healed itself. We humans give outselves too much credit in believing we could actually destroy the earth. Life will go on unitl God decides it's over.

I agree 100% with this (well, except the last part :howdy: ). The earth has been through much worse than a small surface nuisance like the human species. This planet could burp and wipe us all out in 1 hour. The planet has been here for 4 1/2 billion years and we have the conceit to think somehow we're a threat?

Ask those people in Pompeii – frozen into position from volcanic ash. Wanna know if the planet’s okay, ask the people in Mexico City, or Armenia, or a hundred other places buried under thousands of tons of earthquake rubble if they feel like a threat to the planet this week.