Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
WASHINGTON Dec. 20 — The son of former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore has been charged with marijuana possession.

Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.

Two passengers were also arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. They were identified as Yann V. Kumin, 21, and Marc G. Hordon, 22, both of Cambridge, Mass.

A Montgomery County, Md., police officer stopped the car, a dark-colored Cadillac, in Bethesda, a Washington suburb, around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

The officer noticed the car's windows and sunroof were open, despite cold temperatures Friday night. There was also a smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, according to a news release from the police department.

A search of the vehicle turned up a partial marijuana cigarette, a cigarette box containing suspected marijuana, and a soft drink can that also smelled of marijuana.

All three were released pending trial.

In September 2002, the younger Gore was ticketed for driving under the influence. He was pulled over and ticketed by military police just outside Fort Myer in suburban Virginia, but was not taken into custody.

In the summer of 2000, Gore was cited by the North Carolina Highway Patrol for driving 97 mph in a 55-mph zone. Under an agreement with prosecutors, a reckless driving charge was dropped in the North Carolina case, but he was fined $125 for speeding and his driving privileges in the state were suspended.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20031220_893.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What is it with these politician kids? The only one who never got in trouble was Chelsea Clinton.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: I seem to recall that Chelsea was photographed drunk on her butt while in college(Stanford?), and I saw some of the photos in the Enquirer while standing in the checkout line at the local Food Lion.

This was a year or so ago, but I never did hear of it on the TV news programs.

The shots of her were taken at a nightclub, where she had been dancing "provocatively"(sp) with some of the boys, and drinking heavily.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by penncam
I seem to recall that Chelsea was photographed drunk on her butt while in college
Wake me up when she gets tossed in jail for a fake ID or a prescription drug habit.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by SmallTown
That is something you never see at college :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: OK, OK, so she didn't exactly commit a felony here; but she hasn't gone through adolesence all that quietly either.

However, I think she's butt-ugly, from the pictures I've seen of her - which is sort of surprising - considering Hillary isn't really a dog, and her old man Slick Willie has reasonably good looks, even
if he's wearing makup and coiffed in $150.00 haircuts.

My gut feeling is that I'd have to be drunk to hook up with her, and feel comfortable being with her! (IF, in fact I was near her age, of course!)

Christy

b*tch rocket
:rolleyes: OK, OK, so she didn't exactly commit a felony here; but she hasn't gone through adolesence all that quietly either.

However, I think she's butt-ugly, from the pictures I've seen of her - which is sort of surprising - considering Hillary isn't really a dog, and her old man Slick Willie has reasonably good looks, even

My gut feeling is that I'd have to be drunk to hook up with her, and feel comfortable being with her! (IF, in fact I was near her age, of course!)

Pretzal logic? :confused:

SmallTown

Football season!

We discussed this a long time ago... It isn't about hooking up with chelsea that is great. It would have just been cool to sit back and say "Yep, I'm banging the president's daughter" :cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
but she hasn't gone through adolesence all that quietly either.
Please. If the worst thing that kid ever does is get hammered at a frat party, she practically qualifies for sainthood.

As much as I despise both of her parents, I do think Chelsea Clinton is a lovely young woman. I've only seen her talk a few times but she was very poised, polite and mature. Plus I feel for her, having to go through all the Clinton's public crap at her young age.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Plus I feel for her, having to go through all the Clinton's public crap at her young age.
:cheers: OK, so we differ on her looks. I still think she uglier than Miss Piggy, but that's my take.

However, I have to agree with your point on her having to deal with all the missteps, the lying, the shennanigans, all those "gates", her mom and dad pulled during the terms in office.

It would be interesting to know how she feels inside about all that she had to witness.

Hillary was supposed to have been a real terror in the White House living quarters, swearing badly enough to outdo most Naval personnel , throwing objects at Slick Willy, ie., lamps, pictures, ashtrays, anything that would get his attention.

Wonder how she dealt with her dad's sexual predilictions, the public denial on national TV, his being dragged before a grand jury to testify in the Paula Jones case, among others.

Those kinds of things are not the things kids are usually subjected to in their formative years, or are they?

I would tend to think with her parents intelligence, accumen, shrewdness, etc., she probably has a very good head on her shoulders, but how to deal with all the above?

ceo_pte

Al Gore choosing to back Dean is turning out to be better than I thought for. At this pace, both of their careers in politics will be finished by the time the elections role around. :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
[BHillary was supposed to have been a real terror in the White House living quarters, swearing badly enough to outdo most Naval personnel , throwing objects at Slick Willy, ie., lamps, pictures, ashtrays, anything that would get his attention. [/B]
Sounds like me and my kids are doing fine.

how to deal with all the above?
It's my understanding that, despite all the Clintons' shortcomings, they were honest and realistic when it came to raising their daughter. Larry was horrified at stories of how Bill and Hill would sit young Chelsea down in the kitchen and tell her the facts of political life. I applauded them for their realistic approach.

But I also think any parent who would subject their children to the public eye for their own glorification is a maniac. That goes for ALL politicians and Hollywood celebrities. I keep thinking about all those tabloids that called 12 year old Chelsea an ugly dog and how hurtful that must have been to her. The jokes on the late night shows. It was awful and there was no reason for it other than to just be mean.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by ceo_pte
Al Gore choosing to back Dean is turning out to be better than I thought for. At this pace, both of their careers in politics will be finished by the time the elections role around. :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme
:clap: I gotta agree, besides being ill-timed, ie., way too soon for the announcement to be made in the mix of campaigning, it's thrown a huge wrench in the democrats jockeying for position.

Each one of the 9 hopefuls is throwing lightning bolts at each other on those "Election 2004" TV debacles, it's like a circus.

Gore has reportedly infuriated the Clintons with his endorsement;
Dean, by throwing down the guantlet concerning Clinton's "big-government" style seems to have further raised Slick Willie's ire.

Now you've got Wesley Clark saying Dean has tapped him for the VP position, to which the Dean camp has said "NOT"!

Umm, maybe the democrats' strategy is to lull the Bush administration into narcosis, so that they won't feel the need to campaign for support of a second presidential term for Bush.

Adding fuel to the fires, with all the anti-drug legislation harped upon during the last administration, Gore's 21 yr old kid gets nabbed for a marijuana bust.

Image is everything.

Ain't life grand?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Montgomery County Department of Police booking photo

gorebust1.jpg

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Montgomery County Department of Police booking photo

Originally posted by Sharon
gorebust1.jpg
Did Bill Clinton visit Tipper 20 some odd years ago? This kid looks more like Bill then Al.