al-Zarqawi dead

canadaguy

looks like we are starting to win the war on terror..al-Zarqawi was know to personally behead some americans..paybacks a ##### Mr Zarqawi isnt it??

SamSpade

Ken King said:
Looks like we get the head chopping bastage, wonder who emerges in his place? http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2006-06-08-arab-media_x.htm

That was my first thought, like bin Laden - doesn't end anything necessarily, because someone else will take his place.

But - I've noticed a couple things that make me hopeful -

1. He was, for all intents and purposes, the face of the insurgency. His death will hurt the morale of those who support him.

2. As one Iraqi put it, it might be a milestone for all involved to say, this is enough - we're done, let's get on with our lives. Settle this crap once and for all.

3. This was something I really hope changes - al Zarqawi was ratted out by residents. I'm hoping this sets a precedent - if people are afraid that providing intel just means they'll end up dead, they'll hold back - but if it means Special Forces *WILL* get him - maybe they'll help more. It's the same thing with cops in big cities - if you realize the cops WILL get the bad guys, you'll fink on them.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
As Fred Grandy said this morning on the Grandy and Andy Morning Show on WMAL, "Since he didn't die by his own hand while killing infadels his death was not in a state of martyrdom, so he only gets a couple of slightly used, pre-owned virgins." :lmao:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
SamSpade said:
Yes, good points all. PLUS, this is soon after the formal installation of their parliament. The bad guys must feel like they are stumbling back on their heels right now. The aftershock will be interesting to see.

And I know we could not have beheaded al-Zarqawi because we would not want to sink to his level, had we caught him alive... but I was hoping we could have taken off a few fingers or something. :lol:

:yay: Special Ops!

bcp

In My Opinion
anyone been keeping count on the virgin supply?
I do hope that there are still enough to supply him with his fair share.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Reiterating:

"Since he didn't die by his own hand while killing infidels his death was not in a state of martyrdom, so he only gets a couple of slightly used, pre-owned virgins."

That would totally befit Mr. Al-Zarqawi! :killingme

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Penn said:
Reiterating:

"Since he didn't die by his own hand while killing infidels his death was not in a state of martyrdom, so he only gets a couple of slightly used, pre-owned virgins."

That would totally befit Mr. Al-Zarqawi! :killingme
What would befit al-Zarqawi is having his virgins be from the family Suidae.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
SamSpade said:
That was my first thought, like bin Laden - doesn't end anything necessarily, because someone else will take his place.

1. He was, for all intents and purposes, the face of the insurgency. His death will hurt the morale of those who support him.

2. As one Iraqi put it, it might be a milestone for all involved to say, this is enough - we're done, let's get on with our lives. Settle this crap once and for all.

3. This was something I really hope changes - al Zarqawi was ratted out by residents. I'm hoping this sets a precedent - if people are afraid that providing intel just means they'll end up dead, they'll hold back - but if it means Special Forces *WILL* get him - maybe they'll help more. It's the same thing with cops in big cities - if you realize the cops WILL get the bad guys, you'll fink on them.

:clap: Well said Sam........I totally agree.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The article I read on Yahoo news stated that al-Zarqwai really didn't have a #2 guy. The article further stated that 7 of aides also got a one way ticket to paradise. Enjoy it fellas!

bcp

In My Opinion
Ok, so I checked with my contact that has the in on this virgin thing.
according to him, since the death was not part of an attack on the American Infidels, and was infact caused by careless actions on his part, he will not be awarded his virgins as hoped for.
He will however recieve a complimentary Virgin to spend eternity with non the less.
My contact bent the rules this one time and sent me a photo of the virgin that would be granted upon Al-Zarqaw's arrival at the check in portal to Allahs final kingdom.

I share with you this photo that he sent me so that you too may know that justice has been served in a more severe way than the U.S forces could ever wish to produce.

Please do not share this photo with anyone from the DU as they will most likely try to bring up charges against U.S officials for violations of the Geneva convention.

Attachments

• 1-84.jpg
    1-84.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 99

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The story is all over the news programs.

Fox News is running a segment - a military briefing from Bagdhad - by a US military officer, and a Washington Post reporter asked him:

"Can you tell us exactly who fingered Al-Zarqawi to the military folks, enabling us to kill him and his aides?"

Duh!!

Like they're going to expose the names of those involved in locating the guy!

Idiot!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Penn said:

Fox News is running a segment - a military briefing from Bagdhad - by a US military officer, and a Washington Post reporter asked him:

"Can you tell us exactly who fingered Al-Zarqawi to the military folks, enabling us to kill him and his aides?"

Duh!!

Idiot!
Simple, look for the guy whose family is moving out of the area due to coming into a crap-load of cash.

B

Bruzilla

Whoever the new number 1 guy is, you can bet that the number 1 thing on his mind is how not to end up the same way the old number 1 guy did. Since the air of invulnerability has been destroyed I would guess the new guy is going to be a whole lot more restricted as to what he does and where he goes.

ylexot

Super Genius
Penn said:

Duh!!

Idiot!
That kind of stuff always reminds me of the Saturday Night Live sketch from the first Gulf War where the reporters repeatedly ask questions like "when will the attack begin?" The last question is from an obviously Arabic man with a think accent who asks, "Where are your troops and may I count them?" :killingme