Alabama airline worker was sucked into engine with 'bang,' plane filled with passengers shook violently

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
American Airlines subsidiary ground crew worker killed at Montgomery Regional Airport in Alabama on New Year's Eve

The death involving a ramp agent for Piedmont Airlines – a subsidiary of the American Airlines Group – happened at the Montgomery Regional Airport shortly after an Embraer 170 plane operated by Envoy Air landed with 63 passengers on board, the NTSB says.

The ramp agent has since been identified as Courtney Edwards, 34, a mother of three.

The preliminary report states the aircraft had an inoperative auxiliary power unit and that its captain signaled for it to be connected to ground power after arriving from Dallas, opting to "leave both engines running for the required two-minute engine cool down period."

As the captain was shutting off the plane’s right engine, he received a message that the aircraft’s front cargo door had opened and "the first officer opened his cockpit window to inform the ramp agent that the engines were still operating," the report says.

WingsOfGold

I can only imagine the stench. When I was flying C9's we ingested a gull right at rotation, STUNK like burnt chicken throughout the cabin. Went around single engine no problem, fortunately we were light. Doubtful it instantaneously ate a full grown man in a microsecond but he was still at least 150X the weight of a seagull.

Homer J

Power Chord
I can only imagine the stench. When I was flying C9's we ingested a gull right at rotation, STUNK like burnt chicken throughout the cabin. Went around single engine no problem, fortunately we were light. Doubtful it instantaneously ate a full grown man in a microsecond but he was still at least 150X the weight of a seagull.
Full grown woman.

WingsOfGold

Sorry but I doubt it was the airlines fault she was ate up with the dumbass. Never approach head on when above ground idle and keep low. I was like 130 lbs in my flight deck days and to my knowledge a J79 never got close to sucking me up.
1687203534921.png